Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dune 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema V (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Blu-ray)
$22.96
18 hrs ago
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Blu-ray)
$24.96
1 day ago
The Little Rascals Volume 3 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
8 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Flag of Iron (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Once Upon a Time in China: The Complete Films (Blu-ray)
$62.49

Free Guy 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
Banned

Nov 2014
NY
Disney Pinocchio (1940) (The Signature Collection)

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pinoc...lu-ray/103613/

Quote:
This weekend at D23's Destination D:Amazing Adventures event at Walt Disney World Resort, Tyler Slater and Nicole Nalty announced the addition of Disney's animated classic Pinocchio to the celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and gave members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club the first look at the film's all-new trailer. The new release of Pinocchiowill be available on Blu-ray on January 31, 2017, and includes hours of new and classic bonus features.

Pinocchio tells the tale of wood-carver Geppetto's beloved puppet who embarks on a thrilling quest – with faithful friend Jiminy Cricket – that tests his bravery, loyalty and honesty, all virtues he must learn to fulfill his heart's desire: to become a real boy.

Pinocchio is considered one of the greatest animated films ever made, with two Academy Awards -- for best original score and best original song "When You Wish Upon a Star" – and a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Now, it will delight a whole new generation of dreamers with its masterful animation, unforgettable characters and award-winning music. The Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes hours of classic bonus material and exclusive features including a reinvented rendition of "When You Wish Upon a Star" created and performed by music influencers from Disney's Maker Studios; never-before-seen artwork from the film's Pleasure Island sequence; archival recordings of Walt himself during "Pinocchio" production; and a recently restored and scored 1927 short featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

D23 is the official Disney fan club named in honor of the year 1923, when Walt left Kansas City, headed for Hollywood and founded what would become the Disney Studios. D23 celebrates Disney's stories, characters, songs, and experiences that have captured imaginations the world over, offering members behind-the-scenes exclusives, member events, discounts and special offers.

Pinocchio is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. Extras include:
Walt's Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in "Pinocchio" had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar's Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney's animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
In Walt's Words – "Pinocchio" – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of "Pinocchio" through archival recordings and interviews.
The Pinocchio Project: "When You Wish Upon a Star" – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney's Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film's signature song, "When You Wish Upon a Star," and produce a fresh new music video.
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in "Poor Papa" – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of "Pinocchio," deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.]

Last edited by Scottie; 01-09-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Thanks given by:
stevemcqueen83 (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #2
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Sep 2010

Release: 01/24/2017

Old 10-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #3

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Release: 01/24/2017

Both Snow White and Beauty And The Beast were first listed as "postponed" on that database, I think it's safe to say that Pinocchio will be the next Signature Collection Edition for early 2017 (the "Diamond Edition" listing will surely change).

EDIT: Also found this, looks reliable but no idea if that's linked to the new release.

Last edited by stevemcqueen83; 10-04-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #4

Jun 2016

OMG!!! I thought this was gonna happen this year in 2016! Now it's finally coming out next year!

Also, I'm hoping three of the final five remaining titles will be out by early 2017.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:15 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcqueen83 View Post
Both Snow White and Beauty And The Beast were first listed as "postponed" on that database, I think it's safe to say that Pinocchio will be the next Signature Collection Edition for early 2017 (the "Diamond Edition" listing will surely change).

EDIT: Also found this, looks reliable but no idea if that's linked to the new release.
Pinocchio was the very last Platinum Edition released in the same year Snow White was released to begin the Diamond Edition line. Seems fitting to still call it the Diamond Edition even if it is a year into the Signature Edition line.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #6

Jun 2012
Default Cover Art Found

Found the cover art for the forthcoming Pinocchio: Signature Collection BD/DVD/DC:

Source

Tentative release date is January 24th, 2017.
UPC: 786936851786

I think this can be moved from the Wish Lists section now.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
NYC

A top five Disney movie for me. I own the DVD that came out around 2008ish, so I'll be getting this. Then I'll finally have all my essential Disney classics on BD.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Ooh hope the release date is true ~ been waiting for a rerelease for a while since I don't own it yet
Old 10-24-2016, 04:25 PM   #9
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Default Pinocchio Signature Edition (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD) January 24, 2016

Quote:
Now a part of the celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection, the timeless story of Pinocchio inspires a new generation with its masterful animation, award-winning music, unforgettable characters and exclusive, all new behind-the-scenes Bonus Extras!

With his faithful friend Jiminy Cricket by his side, Pinocchio embarks on fantastic adventures that test his bravery, loyalty and honesty until he triumphs in his quest for his heart’s desire: to become a real boy.
EOne Planner
Old 10-24-2016, 04:27 PM   #10
Power Member

Oct 2013

2017?
Old 10-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

I doubt it will be fixed for this new version, but there is a tiny problem with the Platinum Edition. The opening credits have the post-1954 re-issue titles instead of the original "Distributed by RKO Radio Pictures, Inc" titles.
Thanks given by:
BobbyMcGee (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Can't wait, I'll be checking Target.com regularly for a "Storybook" edition... lol
Old 10-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #13
Expert Member

Jan 2012

This is not only perhaps my favorite Disney film, but I would consider it the Greatest animated film of all time (or at least tied with Spirited Away).

I'm definitely picking this up!

But I wish Disney would stick with the silver boarder, instead of the basic blue.
Thanks given by:
starkrogersthor91 (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 12:40 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Very good news for those who've been waiting for this one!!

Hoping for some substantial special features to give me a reason to double-dip.

Don't really like the cover art. And what the hell is the deal with that ugly new blue border??? Looks like they're putting less and less and less effort into these.

I'm sick of Disney's lack of inconsistency.
First half of the Diamond releases had the title in the center, then the other half had the title vertically down the side.
The first Signature had the title vertically down the side, and now it seems they're centering the text again.
The first two signatures had a silver border. This one has this ugly blue border...

Just nit-picking. But it annoys me. There should be consistency with releases that are supposed to be from the same "Collection" or "Edition"
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (10-26-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 12:42 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by natekatz1 View Post
OMG!!! I thought this was gonna happen this year in 2016! Now it's finally coming out next year!

Also, I'm hoping three of the final five remaining titles will be out by early 2017.
Don't hold your breath on that.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:37 AM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

I also feel upset that I can't play the Cine-Explore feature on my PS3.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:42 AM   #17

Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post
I'm sick of Disney's lack of inconsistency.
First half of the Diamond releases had the title in the center, then the other half had the title vertically down the side.
The first Signature had the title vertically down the side, and now it seems they're centering the text again.
The first two signatures had a silver border. This one has this ugly blue border...

Just nit-picking. But it annoys me. There should be consistency with releases that are supposed to be from the same "Collection" or "Edition"
THANK YOU! My thoughts exactly (even before I saw this new cover art), it just bugs me. Titles in a 'Collection' should look like they belong together!
Good to know somebody else thinks about these things too haha
Old 10-25-2016, 05:02 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyparker84 View Post
THANK YOU! My thoughts exactly (even before I saw this new cover art), it just bugs me. Titles in a 'Collection' should look like they belong together!
Good to know somebody else thinks about these things too haha
Hahha, oh trust me, it pisses me off! I'm incredibly OCD about my collection - I should be over it by now, because Disney threw away any kind of consistency between their releases YEARS ago!

You'll find a bunch of others just as anal over on the Disney Animation thread.

And don't even get me started on those bloody awful "circle" Diamond Edition slipcovers. Atleast with the first few titles they released with those, you had the option to purchase the ugly circle slip, or the slip with the full artwork. The last three releases (Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin)
you had no damn option!!

Is it too much to ask for one concise 'collection' with complimenting artwork and design?

Grrrrr
Thanks given by:
jeremyparker84 (10-25-2016), pikachufan1336 (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 05:26 AM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I might have to cave in and by this if the new bonus features pique my interest - haven't bought any of the other Signature editions as I already own the first blurays
Thanks given by:
Heathen (10-27-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 05:33 AM   #20

Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post

Is it too much to ask for one concise 'collection' with complimenting artwork and design?

Grrrrr
Yes lol.....unfortunately for us, it IS too much....
Thanks given by:
starkrogersthor91 (10-25-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America