Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.49
8 hrs ago
30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.32
 
Charlie's Angels 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.95
 
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
5 hrs ago
Beyond the Door (Blu-ray)
$33.03
16 hrs ago
Ultraman X: The Series + The Movie (Blu-ray)
$21.72
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$27.04
 
Dragon Ball Super: Part 10 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
It: Chapter Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #121
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
DMV
186
762
82
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCRP View Post
Did the Steelbooks seriously sell out already? Or were the listings just taken down for the time being?
They haven't sold out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #122
Pieter V Pieter V is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Pieter V's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Netherlands
1
14
Default


Quote:
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Gag reel
  • intro
  • The composition of reality
  • Marvel Studios Phase 3
  • Strange Company: Cast & Crew
  • Strange Soundtrack
  • Strange Transformation
  • Stunts & Visual Effects
  • Team Thor: Part 2
  • Additional scenes
List may not be final.

Last edited by Pieter V; 01-05-2017 at 02:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bell_packet (01-05-2017), bud_brigman (01-05-2017), cgpublic (01-05-2017), DanTheMan (01-06-2017), Darth Marcus (01-05-2017), dewey412 (01-06-2017), jaredofmo (01-05-2017), rbg08 (01-05-2017), rickah88 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #123
jaredofmo jaredofmo is offline
Power Member
 
jaredofmo's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
6
669
234
5
8
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter V View Post


Quote:
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Gag reel
  • intro
  • The composition of reality
  • Marvel Studios Phase 3
  • Strange Company: Cast & Crew
  • Strange Soundtrack
  • Strange Transformation
  • Stunts & Visual Effects
  • Team Thor: Part 2
  • Additional scenes
List may not by final.
Nice, sounds about standard, though I don't know what "Intro" is. But yeah, Marvel releases have typically had deleted scenes, gag reel, an audio commentary, and a handful of features about the making of the movie and how the MCU has been developing. "Team Thor" sounds like it might be that "Mockumentary" that's been online and been made available with the iTunes version of Civil War, but if it's finally on Blu-Ray, awesome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #124
cgpublic cgpublic is offline
Power Member
 
cgpublic's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Gotham
181
787
40
233
66
299
28
6
Default Pre-Ordered From Target

Yes, the BB Steelbook looks great, but a $5 GC ($24.99 to $19.99) plus a slipcover, likely Target content exclusives, iTunes digital copy, 5% RedCard discount and free shipping is the path for me; pre-ordered same offer for Rogue One (2D 3-disc) and Arrival (4K 2-disc).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
weberrygt (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #125
weberrygt weberrygt is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2013
Default

Cover looking goooooddddd
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #126
Wyndam Wyndam is offline
Senior Member
 
Wyndam's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
8
782
13
2
Default

Looks like the 2D Blu-Rays will start having slips again! Woot!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #127
Dn862004 Dn862004 is offline
Senior Member
 
Dn862004's Avatar
 
Apr 2015
118
1
48
Default

Interesting on the top banner that says Cinematic Universe Edition. Makes me wonder if they will re release all of the marvel cinematic universe blurays under this banner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #128
bell_packet bell_packet is offline
Power Member
 
bell_packet's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
30
268
54
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredofmo View Post
Nice, sounds about standard, though I don't know what "Intro" is. But yeah, Marvel releases have typically had deleted scenes, gag reel, an audio commentary, and a handful of features about the making of the movie and how the MCU has been developing. "Team Thor" sounds like it might be that "Mockumentary" that's been online and been made available with the iTunes version of Civil War, but if it's finally on Blu-Ray, awesome.
The intro could possibly be the new Marvel logo intro they show at the beginning of the films, since it debuted with this movie. And as for the Team Thor one, it says "part 2", so this could be a second bit that they shot as opposed to the one already released.

I'm liking the 3D cover, that's one of the posters I really like, so I'm pleased with it. The new banner is a bit weird though and none of my other releases have it. But I have a bunch of different versions for my MCU films, between 3D, steelbooks, and from various countries, so it's not too big of a deal.

But yet again, Amazon, plz put it up for pre-order.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #129
goeagles5039 goeagles5039 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
goeagles5039's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Wakanda
43
165
67
Default

I normally buy the 3D versions for the better cover art now I don't know what to do. I don't even like 3D nor do I have a 3D player or TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #130
Batmon77 Batmon77 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Batmon77's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
New York City
2
401
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeagles5039 View Post
I normally buy the 3D versions for the better cover art now I don't know what to do. I don't even like 3D nor do I have a 3D player or TV.
Dr. Strange and Ant-Man are "meant" for 3D....IMO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #131
jimbo87400 jimbo87400 is offline
Active Member
 
jimbo87400's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Downstate New York
91
966
576
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCRP View Post
Did the Steelbooks seriously sell out already? Or were the listings just taken down for the time being?
I had to go to the Best Buy site to double check, it appears they have...for now. Glad I'm able to obsessively track this stuff myself. Lol. My pre-order is still "in the books" so it's not like they cancelled or closed it out altogether. I'm sure they'll have a 2nd wave of pre-orders up soon...hopefully.

Just as a suspicion, I went to eBay to see if there are any sellers who have the steelbooks up for sale. I see four sellers who have it up. All of them have AT LEAST 10 copies available for sale, 2 of the sellers have EVEN MORE. That is the reason why it's sold out. These eBay dealing a$$holes who buy bulk to sell at a premium and f**k the average collector has got to stop. Best Buy has to put some kind of...I would say a "1 per customer" guideline into effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #132
cynatnite cynatnite is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cynatnite's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN
258
784
405
30
42
34
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo87400 View Post
I had to go to the Best Buy site to double check, it appears they have...for now. Glad I'm able to obsessively track this stuff myself. Lol. My pre-order is still "in the books" so it's not like they cancelled or closed it out altogether. I'm sure they'll have a 2nd wave of pre-orders up soon...hopefully.

Just as a suspicion, I went to eBay to see if there are any sellers who have the steelbooks up for sale. I see four sellers who have it up. All of them have AT LEAST 10 copies available for sale, 2 of the sellers have EVEN MORE. That is the reason why it's sold out. These eBay dealing a$$holes who buy bulk to sell at a premium and f**k the average collector has got to stop. Best Buy has to put some kind of...I would say a "1 per customer" guideline into effect.
I never even got a chance to preorder!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jimbo87400 (01-06-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #133
1godzillafan 1godzillafan is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Dr. Strange and Ant-Man are "meant" for 3D....IMO.
I'm constantly kicking myself for not seeing Ant-Man in Imax when it came out. Watching it in 3D on blu-ray was a revelation.

I did however see Doctor Strange in Imax and is was bloody incredible. Watched it in 2D at the dollar theater a few days ago and the two experiences can't compare.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Batmon77 (01-05-2017), bell_packet (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #134
Captain Flint Captain Flint is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Captain Flint's Avatar
 
Apr 2015
Ohio
499
18
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Dr. Strange and Ant-Man are "meant" for 3D....IMO.
I don't care for 3D at all. Every movie is just as good in 2D, if not better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #135
Batmon77 Batmon77 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Batmon77's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
New York City
2
401
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
I don't care for 3D at all. Every movie is just as good in 2D, if not better.
Hubble 3D is better in 2D!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #136
bell_packet bell_packet is offline
Power Member
 
bell_packet's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
30
268
54
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1godzillafan View Post
I'm constantly kicking myself for not seeing Ant-Man in Imax when it came out. Watching it in 3D on blu-ray was a revelation.

I did however see Doctor Strange in Imax and is was bloody incredible. Watched it in 2D at the dollar theater a few days ago and the two experiences can't compare.
Ant-Man did look great in IMAX. And Doctor Strange looks amazing in 3D and especially IMAX, it definitely loses something in 2D. And hell, it loses something in non-IMAX 3D with over half of the film being in the opened up IMAX ratio, which I'm hoping they'll retain here. But since they've done it with Civil War and GotG, I'd say our odds are good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:10 PM   #137
Drewbee87 Drewbee87 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Drewbee87's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
7
256
7
Default

2D forever for me, can't watch 3D...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:11 PM   #138
bfett9 bfett9 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bfett9's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
92
Default

First for a MCU 2D BD with a Digital code I think (there was Iron Man 3 but none since then)

Also they brought back a DvD copy they had dropped starting with Thor 2 TDW.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #139
rbg08 rbg08 is offline
Special Member
 
rbg08's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
24
210
486
23
253
218
273
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
I don't care for 3D at all. Every movie is just as good in 2D, if not better.
I definitely disagree. Certain movies such as Doctor Strange and Avatar are so much better in 3D. I watched Doctor Strange in IMAX originally and then later saw it in 2D. The scene where
[Show spoiler]the Ancient One shows him the alternate dimensions for the first time
was such a trip (pun intended) in 3D, especially with the IMAX expanded scope. I couldn't imagine preferring to watch it in any other format than 3D at home.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bell_packet (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #140
Hardback247 Hardback247 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Mar 2013
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbg08 View Post
I definitely disagree. Certain movies such as Doctor Strange and Avatar are so much better in 3D. I watched Doctor Strange in IMAX originally and then later saw it in 2D. The scene where
[Show spoiler]the Ancient One shows him the alternate dimensions for the first time
was such a trip (pun intended) in 3D, especially with the IMAX expanded scope. I couldn't imagine preferring to watch it in any other format than 3D at home.
Unfortunately, I don't have a TV capable of 3D.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09 PM.