Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fack ju Göhte 3 (Blu-ray)
€6.99

Passengers 3D (Blu-ray)
€7.99

Enemy Mine (Blu-ray)
€10.99
17 hrs ago
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (Blu-ray)
€12.49
16 hrs ago
Star Trek: Legends of the Final Frontier Collection (Blu-ray)
€29.97

Doctor Who: Castrovalva (Blu-ray)
€14.97

Doctor Who: Erdstoß (Blu-ray)
€14.97

Mutafukaz (Blu-ray)
€22.99

The Boys From Brazil (Blu-ray)
€14.44
5 hrs ago
Helene Fischer Live - Die Arena-Tournee (Blu-ray)
€8.56

Black Panther (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray)
€8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 08-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #1
Banned

Aug 2017
Default Hammer Boxset From Studio Canal

The discs should be identical to the UK ones so this is a far better deal than the current UK discs all sold separately.
Even if you will need to buy To The Devil A Daughter from the UK.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks given by:
Gotho(redux) (12-01-2017), rwsales (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Strakers Wig View Post
The discs should be identical to the UK ones so this is a far better deal than the current UK discs all sold separately.
Even if you will need to buy To The Devil A Daughter from the UK.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the tip. I didn't think I needed more than a couple of these titles since we're kind of scraping the barrel, but I'll probably go for this- it'll be nice to have pretty much everything I could ever want from Hammer.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Can the Aussie box be far behind?

I am seriously thinking this is the way to go on these new Studio Canal releases.
Not even sure I need DEVIL, probably OK with the DVD I have already ( it's a stinker in my book ).
Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
Special Member

Dec 2011
Chicago IL

It's odd that there is a box from Germany but nowhere else . I'll probably pre-order to lock In the price . I can get the TTDAD when it drops to a much more reasonable price .

I thought that Indicator-powerhouse was doing a couple of these ?
Old 09-01-2017, 04:57 PM   #5

Aug 2016

So I just ordered the German set and cancelled the 7 UK titles and saved myself $130.00. Thank you thank you thank you!! for posting this. Buying the UK versions is insane.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:33 AM   #6
Special Member

Dec 2011
Chicago IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdunk View Post
So I just ordered the German set and cancelled the 7 UK titles and saved myself $130.00. Thank you thank you thank you!! for posting this. Buying the UK versions is insane.
It's a great deal no doubt but that pre-order price on the UK stuff is probably going to be more like £12 (with vat removed) each come week of release .

So while it's not exactly $130 were still saving a bunch and I would not buy a few of those individually anyway . Amazon UK always has high prices for there pre-orders and then get slashed by half ... Most of the time .

There is also a promo on the German sight , If you add a €80 gift card you get €8 free to use on you order , get a few more items together and get some free cash to spend , Will take care of shipping costs and a little more . https://www.amazon.de/b?node=10188017031 . I have done this with Uk and Italy and worked great , The money promo does not appear till you check out .

Last edited by sa5150; 09-02-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Thanks given by:
Arlington (09-08-2017), DMRI2006 (09-13-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 01:24 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

If you are in the UK, apparently there is an HMV special 2 for 25 on these Hammers. Brings it in around 100.
Thanks given by:
Simon Lewis (09-09-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 01:39 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Connecticut

I already have the Ultimate Hammer DVD set that has all of these movies except for Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde. Can't decide if I will get the box set or if I should remain satisfied with my DVDs for the other films and just get the UK release of Dr. Jekyll.

Also...why isn't Lust for a Vampire being released? I thought Studio Canal also owns that title?
Old 09-10-2017, 11:05 PM   #9
Banned

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonXI View Post
I already have the Ultimate Hammer DVD set that has all of these movies except for Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde. Can't decide if I will get the box set or if I should remain satisfied with my DVDs for the other films and just get the UK release of Dr. Jekyll.

Also...why isn't Lust for a Vampire being released? I thought Studio Canal also owns that title?
This new batch of SC titles is not supposed to complete the range by any means. They still have a few left of which Lust is one.
It's reputation is of being lesser Hammer, and rightly so. Likely being left until later on.

Despite being a lesser title the inclusion of Lust in a boxset of the lower tier Hammer titles from SC might make it a more attractive option.
They still have titles like The Nanny (out in Oz) , Prehistoric Women , The Viking Queen left yet
Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (09-11-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #10

Sep 2015
UK

Darn! Box set delayed until November now. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester1 View Post
This new batch of SC titles is not supposed to complete the range by any means. They still have a few left of which Lust is one.
It's reputation is of being lesser Hammer, and rightly so. Likely being left until
There is a rights issue with LUST that is being resolved, hence it's exclusion from this initial round.

LUST is a fun movie, I absolutely adore it.

Now FEAR IN THE NIGHT? Deadly dull, padded, and near unwatchable.
STRAIGHT ON TIL MORNING?

To say LUST is left of due to it's stature ( in your opinion ) as a lower tier film is absolutely laughable.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

It's all just opinion. I happen to find Fear in the Night a very strong little thriller.

Lust for a Vampire can be a hoot, probably for all the wrong reasons but I always view it as a black comedy. You can't take it seriously.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:56 AM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
Lust for a Vampire can be a hoot, probably for all the wrong reasons but I always view it as a black comedy. You can't take it seriously.
"HEART ATTACK!"

Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybreese View Post
There is a rights issue with LUST that is being resolved, hence it's exclusion from this initial round.

LUST is a fun movie, I absolutely adore it.

Now FEAR IN THE NIGHT? Deadly dull, padded, and near unwatchable.
STRAIGHT ON TIL MORNING?

To say LUST is left of due to it's stature ( in your opinion ) as a lower tier film is absolutely laughable.
Yeah...Lust is quite bad, but I'd much rather watch it again than a few of these any day. StrAaAaAanggggge, LoOoOoOovvvve!!!

The idea that Hammer got turned down by Ingrid Pitt and then went to Yutte, who's absolutely one of the very worst actresses to grace any Hammer picture, makes me sad every time I think about it. I mean, Pitt was right to turn it down because of the terrible script, but it still would have resulted in a very different and probably superior movie (even if she was probably way too old for the role considering the setting). Coulda been, shoulda been. Since I'm a nerd and a loser, it's the alternate universe movie I most want to see. Forget Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones, I want to see Lust for a Vampire with Ingrid Pitt!

And the popular demand for it is EASILY higher than almost all of these movies. I'm sure that Studiocanal realizes that and would have included it with this batch if there wasn't some issue.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #15
Special Member

Jan 2015

I'll admit that Stensgaard crossing her eyes in ecstasy as Strange Love reaches a crescendo is a bit campy, but I don't care. It's part of the appeal. I have the CD score to Lust for a Vampire, and without lyrics, Strange Love is a fantastic melody by Harry Robinson, who scored all three of the Karnstein trilogy. It's lush, and romantic, and gothic.

I'll never get the hate for Lust for a Vampire. It's over the top, to be sure, but I really don't watch Hammer for the acting. It's all about atmosphere. And Lust oozes the creepy gothic goodness.

Yutte Stensgaard might not be Ingrid Pitt, but she brought a lot to the table, and is easy on the eyes. I can't blame Ralph Bates for losing it over her.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #16

Apr 2008
Eindhoven, the Netherlands

The box set just arrived here: 7 slimline Blu-ray cases in a cardboard box. Same cover art as the UK Blu-rays. Also the listed extras are the same.
Thanks given by:
hagios (11-28-2017), Katatonia (12-04-2017), RCRochester (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #17

Sep 2013

Of this set, I've watched Horror of Frankenstein so far and it looked and sounded fantastic! Genuinely made the film more enjoyable actually. The new featurette included was also enjoyable and interesting, even for those of us who know a good deal about the film.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #18
Expert Member

May 2009

Thanks for the updates. What are the menus like, are they in German or English?
Old 11-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #19

Sep 2013

The menus are in German; easy to navigate though.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #20
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes30 View Post
The menus are in German; easy to navigate though.
Interesting. So they don't let you pick from "United Kingdom" or "Germany" when you insert the discs? I thought they would be identical in both countries.
Thanks given by:
nekromistress (03-31-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany