Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99

Mary Poppins Returns (Blu-ray)
$28.28

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Game Night (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
The Karate Kid 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
36 min ago
The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Rocky (Blu-ray)
$25.01

The Mule (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Hannibal 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.42

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 04-09-2018, 02:53 AM   #1

Mar 2018
Default Scooby-Doo Franchise

I'm really unsure why this even is a wish? Like shouldn't this be made already? Perhaps it's just me, but I thought Scooby-Doo was just as iconic as Looney Tunes (if not more).

Anyways... Imma keep a quick list of all the Scooby-Doo media and what's on blu and not... discuss with me your internal pain of not having the best dog on Blu.

Series (Let's be honest... this is the most depressing part of this thread)
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (3 Seasons)
The New Scooby-Doo Movies (2 Seasons)
The Scooby-Doo Show (3 Seasons)
Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (1 Season)
Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (3 Seasons, this is the rebranded Richie Rich and Puppy Hour episodes)
The New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show (2 Seasons)
The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo (1 Season)
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo (4 Seasons)
What's New, Scooby-Doo? (3 Seasons)
Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! (2 Seasons)
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (2 Seasons)
Be Cool, Scooby-Doo (2 Seasons)
Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? (Upcoming Boomerang Exclusive)

Live-Action Films
Scooby-Doo (2002)
Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins
Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster

Daphne & Velma

Animated Films
Scooby Goes Hollywood
Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers
Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School
Scooby-Doo! and the Reluctant Werewolf
Scooby-Doo! in Arabian Nights
Bravo Dooby-Doo
Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island
Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost
Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders
Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase
Night of the Living Doo
Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire
Scooby-Doo! and the Monster of Mexico
Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster
Aloha, Scooby-Doo!
Scooby-Doo! in Where's My Mummy?
Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!
Chill Out, Scooby-Doo!
Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King
Scooby-Doo! and the Samurai Sword
Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo
Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare
Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur
Scooby-Doo! Music of the Vampire
Big Top Scooby-Doo!
Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon
Scooby-Doo! Adventures: the Mystery Map
Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright
Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery
Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy
Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness
Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery
Lego Scooby-Doo! Knight Time Terror
Lego Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood
Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon
Scooby-Doo! Shaggy's Showdown
Lego Scooby-Doo! Blowout Beach Bash
Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold <--- How is that not blu?
Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost
Scooby-Doo! and the Curse of the 13th Ghost!
Scooby Doo! Return to Zombie Island (TBA, hopes for double feature with original Zombie Island blu-ray?)
Unannounced Scooby Doo & KISS Sequel (TBA / might be a "Guess Who?" episode)
Scooby / S.C.O.O.B. (Theatrical Release 2019+)

DTV Specials
Scooby-Doo! Spooky Games
Scooby-Doo! Haunted Holidays
Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow
Scooby-Doo! Mecha Mutt Menace
Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals
Scooby-Doo! and the Beach Beastie

Hyperlink = Blu-ray Available
Green = Upcoming Release
Black = DVD/Digital

Last edited by SkyTech6; 02-06-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Thanks given by:
deltatauhobbit (09-29-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 02:56 AM   #2

Mar 2018

Notes

You can watch a large amount of Scooby-Doo's shows and older movies on the Boomerang website/app for 4.99USD/month or 40USD annually. You can check their Scooby-Doo catalog on the link below.

https://www.boomerang.com/shows/scoo...oby-doo-series

Also September 13th, 2019 will be Scooby-Doo's 50th Birthday! I have high hopes that at LEAST "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" will get a full 3 season Blu-ray boxset.

Last edited by SkyTech6; 04-09-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #3

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyTech6 View Post
You can watch all the shows and majority of the movies on the Boomerang for 5.99USD/month.
In HD?
Old 04-09-2018, 11:02 PM   #4

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by zw94 View Post
In HD?
Ah I took that on second-hand information. Turns out they got the amount of content and even the price they pay for the app wrong haha.

I updated the information in my Notes posts with correct info and provided a link where all the content can be viewed. They have an episode of Where Are You? that you can watch for free, I wasn't able to tell what quality the content was, but it looked pretty good.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:19 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
California

I'd love a release of the original series with an option to turn off the laugh track. Laugh tracks in cartoons always annoyed me, even as a kid.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #6

Mar 2018

And the first new blu release for the series since I started this thread is unfortunately a live action DTV titled Daphne and Velma....
Old 05-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2013

I'd pay top dollar for Blu-ray releases of Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost and Alien Invaders. WB can name the price and I'd pay, in particular for Zombie Island.
Thanks given by:
SkyTech6 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #8

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I'd pay top dollar for Blu-ray releases of Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost and Alien Invaders. WB can name the price and I'd pay, in particular for Zombie Island.
Agreed. Witch's Ghost was by far my favorite of all the Scooby films.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:10 AM   #9

Mar 2018

Scooby-Doo and the Gourmet Ghost will be released digital on the 28th and then DVD in September, no news on if this release will get a Blu-ray... but I'm not very hopeful after the Batman Brave and the Bold didn't even get one.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:03 AM   #10
Power Member

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

I don't think we will ever get another Scooby Doo original movie on Blu-Ray. At least not through Warner Home Video. The Archive might plunder Scooby Doo, in fact I expect to hear at least an announcement that Zombie Island is coming in the next year or so.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:59 AM   #11

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
I don't think we will ever get another Scooby Doo original movie on Blu-Ray. At least not through Warner Home Video. The Archive might plunder Scooby Doo, in fact I expect to hear at least an announcement that Zombie Island is coming in the next year or so.
Sep.13.2019 makes the 50th Anniversary of Scooby-Doo. I'm hoping for either a blu-ray box of the original series (or any of them) or the movies prior to Cyber Chase (Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, and Alien Invaders).

Both of those are pretty hopeful though.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:06 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyTech6 View Post
Sep.13.2019 makes the 50th Anniversary of Scooby-Doo. I'm hoping for either a blu-ray box of the original series (or any of them) or the movies prior to Cyber Chase (Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, and Alien Invaders).

Both of those are pretty hopeful though.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got "Zombie Island" as a WAC release in the following months. It could be a "Batman: Mask of Phantasm" situation where its a testing ground.
Thanks given by:
Spooked (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 AM   #13

Mar 2018

Added Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? to the Series list. Seems it'll be releasing in 2019 as a Boomerang exclusive. Guess they really want people to subscribe to that now?

I'm not sure if Warner Brothers plan on having Boomerang as a premier streaming service along with DC Universe & HBO... but this subscription culture is starting to look expensive, can I just get a Warner Brothers NOW?

Anyways, the synopsis for this series actually sounds pretty good, but I'd love to see the artstyle first before getting hopes up haha.

Quote:
Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? focuses on the Mystery Inc. gang as they solve bigger mysteries while also encountering many memorable celebrities, la The New Scooby-Doo Movies. Guest stars that have been announced for the show include Chris Paul, Sia, Halsey, Ricky Gervais, Kenan Thompson, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Mark Hamill, along with fictional characters such as Steve Urkel, Batman, Sherlock Holmes, Flash and Wonder Woman.
Thanks given by:
zw94 (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 03:51 AM   #14
Special Member

Aug 2013
Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we got "Zombie Island" as a WAC release in the following months. It could be a "Batman: Mask of Phantasm" situation where its a testing ground.
God, I hope so.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:54 PM   #15

Jul 2016
West Virginia

I’ll hold out hope that next year will be a good year for Scooby-Blu! Zombie Island, Witch’s Ghost, and Alien invaders will probably get a Blu-ray release in the next year. And I also am hopeful we will get Where Are You! on Blu-ray next year, especially considering Jonny Quest is getting one.

That being said, I REALLY want Warner to stop pairing the “third season” with the show. It was still the third season of The Scooby-Doo Show, they just aired the beginning episodes with the Where Are You! theme song to boost interest in the episodes. They didn’t even keep the intro for the DVD version of the episodes that aired with it, and I think they only include them now for more money, and not because it’s legitimate.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #16

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Neighbor View Post
That being said, I REALLY want Warner to stop pairing the “third season” with the show. It was still the third season of The Scooby-Doo Show, they just aired the beginning episodes with the Where Are You! theme song to boost interest in the episodes.
Season 3 was actually a Where Are You revival attempt by Ruby and Spears (as they were the head writers for that ABC time block, they could do almost anything they wanted). They were given the chance when Dinomut was canceled and the HB time block changed to "Scooby-Doo All Stars" and shortened to only a half hour, leaving the space empty.

They filled that space with their revival attempt of SD,Way. However it was canceled only months later. Removed the intro from the remaining 7 episodes and aired them under the All-Stars block. Then they would later be syndicated as part of The Scooby-Doo Show (which is actually just a syndication title for two seperate Scooby-Doo segments for programming blocks and Season 3, none of them were titled The Scooby-Doo Show during first-run).

I think Spears and Ruby probably tried to do that revival so they could get back to the original Scooby-Gang. Not have connections with Scooby-Dum or the other Scooby-Doo family members they added. Which they would of course return to with Scrappy Doo.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:08 PM   #17

Mar 2009

Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, and Alien Invaders are a must. I want Blu-ray releases of What's New Scooby-Doo and Mystery Incorporated as well.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #18
Power Member

Mar 2015

Zombie Island is so good. I still watch the VHS some times.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #19

Jul 2016
West Virginia

For big-time Scooby fans, I have great news!

http://collider.com/scooby-doo-and-t...ghost-trailer/
Thanks given by:
samlop10 (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #20

Mar 2018

I just saw that as well and added it to the list. Here's the synopsis for those link-clicking impaired.

Scooby Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost - Feb 5th, 2019 DVD and Digital (UGH!)

Quote:
After the Mystery Inc. gang goofed up a case and nabbed an innocent man, they’re forced into early retirement from crime solving. It’s not long however, before their old friend Vincent Van Ghoul needs help and pulls the team right back into action. The gang has unfinished business they must tend to, which involves catching a ghost that previously got away. It all happened one summer while Velma and Freddy where away at camp. Scooby-Doo, Shaggy and Daphne secretly hunted down 12 of the world’s spookiest ghosts but failed to catch the most evil one of them all…the 13th ghost.

Now the elusive spook is wreaking havoc. Vincent needs help having him captured and confined to the chest of demons, a box that contains the other 12 captured ghosts. With the 13th ghost still on the loose, the gang will have to come out of retirement and finish the job once and for all. The chest however, is now located somewhere in a remote village in the Himalayas. Determined to help Vincent, the gang sets out on one of their most thrilling adventures yet! Bundle up and get ready for the icy slopes of the Himalayan mountains, chilling car chases, crystal balls and spine-tingling spells in this terrifyingly fun original movie!

Last edited by SkyTech6; 11-08-2018 at 02:00 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists