Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: A Dog's Purpose $8.99 (77% claimed)
Now: The Buster Keaton Collection: … $12.99 (4 hours left)
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (17% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
£23.99
2 hrs ago
The Favourite (Blu-ray)
£7.52
2 hrs ago
Macabre Visions: The Films of Mario Bava (Blu-ray)
£54.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
£10.59

The Avengers Assembled: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
£29.99

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
£22.99

Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
£13.99

4K Ultra HD: 4 Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£23.99

Lost In Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Bumblebee (Blu-ray)
£10.00
14 hrs ago
Jerry Maguire (Blu-ray)
£8.36
2 hrs ago
Ralph Breaks the Internet (Blu-ray)
£9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 05-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #161
Expert Member

Oct 2014
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJez View Post
i have a ton of pre orders on amazon uk and nothing has been charged
But, have those pre-orders been on there for a while? Recent pre-orders are being hit. I've ditched all my recent ones; they were going to charge me for a Lord Vicar CD I had pre-ordered recently.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #162
Special Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by drterror666 View Post
But, have those pre-orders been on there for a while? Recent pre-orders are being hit. I've ditched all my recent ones; they were going to charge me for a Lord Vicar CD I had pre-ordered recently.
Lots of UK customers who done pre orders in past 10 days have not had any payment taken

Majority of Amazon customers have not had any payment taken for recent pre orders

If any customer updates debit/credit card details a pending charge of £1.00 is done on card to test card no actual payment is taken.
This is normal
Amazon also do random checks on debit/card listed in customers accounts by doing a £1.00 test on card especially if card not been used for a while

Pending transactions vanish after 3-8 days and no actual payment is taken

Last edited by paulboland; 05-25-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:41 PM   #163

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
Lots of UK customers who done pre orders in past 10 days have not had any payment taken

Majority of Amazon customers have not had any payment taken for recent pre orders

If any customer updates debit/credit card details a pending charge of £1.00 is done on card to test card no actual payment is taken.
This is normal
Amazon also do random checks on debit/card listed in customers accounts by doing a £1.00 test on card especially if card not been used for a while

Pending transactions vanish after 3-8 days and no actual payment is taken
It’s happening to more and more people across other forums. Just because you haven’t been hit, doesn’t mean we have all got it wrong.

I already replied to an earlier comment of yours about it being a rumour, with an email from the higher ups at Amazon. Amazon are saying it’s a new policy being rolled out. It’s happening. End of.

People are not confusing pending charges with actual charges. I had £800 taken. It was only refunded after I cancelled the orders. It left my account. Not my available balance. It was a completed charge for items not released for a while.

Now please, enough with implying that users of being wrong. They aren’t as confirmed by Amazon themselves.
Thanks given by:
Voltaire53 (05-28-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #164
Special Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoorer View Post
It’s happening to more and more people across other forums. Just because you haven’t been hit, doesn’t mean we have all got it wrong.

I already replied to an earlier comment of yours about it being a rumour, with an email from the higher ups at Amazon. Amazon are saying it’s a new policy being rolled out. It’s happening. End of.

People are not confusing pending charges with actual charges. I had £800 taken. It was only refunded after I cancelled the orders. It left my account. Not my available balance. It was a completed charge for items not released for a while.

Now please, enough with implying that users of being wrong. They aren’t as confirmed by Amazon themselves.
I'm not implying that users are wrong
A lot of UK customers and other customers outside UK have not had payment taken for recent pre orders done as over 5 days ago
And lot of members on various web forms have posted this that they have not had payment taken on orders done
So it's not happening with all customers in the UK or outside the UK

Amazon UK get thousands of orders each day so it's not happening to a lot of customers

Some have been charged for pre orders but a lot of amazon customers have not
To me it's a glitch on amazon system with customers who had updated card details recent causing payment be taken in full
Amazon reply email posted in this thread contradicted itself in what it says as it also says payment is taken on dispatch
Amazon customer service is now outsourced and not as good as it was previously

Amazon policy is still payment taken on dispatch

Thousands of customers would be affected if amazon UK was doing this on all recent pre orders
Amazon customer service twitter account would be bombarded with messages if it was widespread

Yes it has happened but not to as many as you may think it has

Last edited by paulboland; 05-25-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #165
Expert Member

Jul 2014
Ireland

Within the last 10 days I've put in orders for Detective Pikachu steelbook, Game of Thrones season 8 steelbook & the regular blu-ray, The Secret Life of Pets 2 4K & John Wick 3 4K & have not had payment taken for anything.
Including them, I've got 21 preorders on Amazon UK at the minute & have not been charged for anything.
Just throwing my hat in as another person that it's not happening to.

Last edited by Strangerbyday; 05-26-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Thanks given by:
paulboland (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #166
Blu-ray Knight

May 2018

Amazon preorders get worse somehow!
Old 05-26-2019, 12:23 AM   #167
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

my pre order from 7 days ago not been charged.
Im UK customer.
Thanks given by:
paulboland (05-26-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #168

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
I'm not implying that users are wrong
A lot of UK customers and other customers outside UK have not had payment taken for recent pre orders done as over 5 days ago
And lot of members on various web forms have posted this that they have not had payment taken on orders done
So it's not happening with all customers in the UK or outside the UK

Amazon UK get thousands of orders each day so it's not happening to a lot of customers

Some have been charged for pre orders but a lot of amazon customers have not
To me it's a glitch on amazon system with customers who had updated card details recent causing payment be taken in full
Amazon reply email posted in this thread contradicted itself in what it says as it also says payment is taken on dispatch
Amazon customer service is now outsourced and not as good as it was previously

Amazon policy is still payment taken on dispatch

Thousands of customers would be affected if amazon UK was doing this on all recent pre orders
Amazon customer service twitter account would be bombarded with messages if it was widespread

Yes it has happened but not to as many as you may think it has
The email doesnít contradict itself at all. Youíve misunderstood it. It states a preorder is charged on dispatch but if the dispatch date is over 5 days after ordering, it will be charged on the fifth day.

I have seen people from Amazon France, Spain and Germany reporting this is beginning to happen to them on their own Amazon sites. The fact it isnít happening to everyone would imply this is a trial with some customers rather than all.

I havenít updated my card details in 2 years, so you are most definitely incorrect with your assumption of it being a glitch.

I didnít email standard front desk customer services. This was the Executive Customer Relations team. These are the ones who you deal with when the front desk mess up. Every time I email these, I deal with someone from the UK offices. If you use the contact us, phone call or live chat options to reach out to customer services, then you get the outsourced front desk teams.

Itís great that itís not happened to you yet, but it isnít a glitch (as confirmed by Amazon) and it isnít a rumour like you first said. All signs point to this being a trial rollout across Europe with selected customers. If it becomes a success for them, expect it coming your way soon too.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #169
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
UK

I've done a couple of pre-orders in the last two weeks - no payment taken as usual.
Thanks given by:
paulboland (05-26-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #170
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
UK

I got an email from Executive Customer Relations about the change in policy on charging before dispatch. This is after I sent a normal email a few days ago and asked for it to be sent on to them if possible.

At first (within hours) I got a phone call from front line Amazon staff who knew nothing about what I was talking about and insisted Amazon only charges on dispatch.

Then yesterday I got the reply below- much of it will look familiar I'm sure.

(Names have been changed, obviously, and please note I have not personally been charged for any pre-orders yet, but I wanted to let them know it's not ok).

-----------------------------------------

Quote:
Dear ‘PORCO AZZURRO’,

My name is Mr. Amazon Guy and I work within Amazon Executive Customer Relations.

We're introducing some improvements to payments and authorisations in order to simplify your shopping experience on Amazon. This is to prepare for regulatory changes that are coming into effect later this year.

Immediately after you place an order, we now request your bank to authorise the full order amount. At this stage you’re not being charged yet - your bank is reserving the funds until the transaction processes.

We only charge the full order amount when all the items included in your order have been shipped. Should an item require more than 5 days for dispatching, your payment method is charged on the fifth day since your order was placed.

This new experience will avoid processing multiple authorisations and charges for the same order. Further updates on how these changes will impact customers will be shared throughout the year.

I hope this helps.
-----------------------------------------

So still clear as mud really. In my initial email I made the point that it isn't just the change itself that is terrible (which it is), it's also the fact that no-one has a clue about it happening, including their own staff, and yet people are having it happen to them already.

All very odd.
Thanks given by:
DefLeppard (05-28-2019), Ste7en (05-28-2019), Voltaire53 (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 09:08 AM   #171
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149

I checked my credit card statement yesterday and I've not been charged for any of the pre-orders I made in the last few days
Old 05-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #172
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Portsmouth, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Azzurro View Post
All very odd.
That's one (polite) word for it! Thanks for the informative (if still not entirely transparent...) update, anyway!
Thanks given by:
Porco Azzurro (05-28-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 01:11 AM   #173

Jan 2016

This whole "getting your bank to reserve the funds until actual payment is taken" thing seems convoluted and unnecessary.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:57 AM   #174
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardrli View Post
This whole "getting your bank to reserve the funds until actual payment is taken" thing seems convoluted and unnecessary.
The ring-fencing of funds is a common enough practice, but I still don't really get the turn of expected events. If I order something on a Monday and it ships on Wednesday we pay on dispatch (so Wednesday), but if I order something on a Monday and it's released a month later they take the money on Friday, five days later?

So Amazon are just going to keep the millions they take for pre-orders in their bank accounts, every time we think a limited edition is going to run out or we order when a title is announced (because we usually forget about it later on)?

Members often pre-order the same title in different packaging and decide later, this whole thing seems misconstrued (probably by me), it's ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
Aclea (05-29-2019), derek_1999 (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 03:03 AM   #175
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I checked my credit card statement yesterday and I've not been charged for any of the pre-orders I made in the last few days

It's only for folks in the UK. I have a couple of existing pre-orders and I have not been charged either.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:40 AM   #176

Jun 2016
Brownsville, TX

Hey guys:

I'm new ordering from Amazon UK (I'm from the US) and I ordered Thor Ragnarok 3D and Black Panther 3D from them a couple of weeks ago.

My estimated delivery was on the 28th of this month and when I log in into the site to check tracking it says it was delayed, but the tracking never updated after the items were dispatched.

Is this normal for orders like this or is there a problem on the order?

Thanks for your time guys!!
Old 05-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #177
Special Member

Oct 2017
Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta149 View Post
Hey guys:

I'm new ordering from Amazon UK (I'm from the US) and I ordered Thor Ragnarok 3D and Black Panther 3D from them a couple of weeks ago.

My estimated delivery was on the 28th of this month and when I log in into the site to check tracking it says it was delayed, but the tracking never updated after the items were dispatched.

Is this normal for orders like this or is there a problem on the order?

Thanks for your time guys!!
Did you use the standard shipping? I live in Indonesia so I mostly buy my Blu-rays from Amazon UK or US, and the tracking rarely works when I choose that shipping option. It's updated a few times then it stops, even after I receive the package.

And my package is often delayed for about a month than the estimated date, but I guess it's just because of my country's post office.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #178
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
The ring-fencing of funds is a common enough practice, but I still don't really get the turn of expected events. If I order something on a Monday and it ships on Wednesday we pay on dispatch (so Wednesday), but if I order something on a Monday and it's released a month later they take the money on Friday, five days later?

So Amazon are just going to keep the millions they take for pre-orders in their bank accounts, every time we think a limited edition is going to run out or we order when a title is announced (because we usually forget about it later on)?

Members often pre-order the same title in different packaging and decide later, this whole thing seems misconstrued (probably by me), it's ridiculous.
Totally agree.

Now, a typical pre-order (the way we all traditionally do it - ie months ahead) is pretty pointless, as we'll be charged after 5 days, rather than at dispatch.

It'll affect the way I pre-order now... probably look to do it from the labels themselves (if prices are OK) - or just wait it out until release day.

Let's see how it affects their Prime membership - I think a lot of people might leave (I'm thinking about it).
Thanks given by:
Aclea (05-29-2019), chip75 (05-29-2019), Ste7en (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #179
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

Yeah, I usually order Arrow LEs when they are announced. I won't be doing that again.

Nothing against 'ringfencing' for a few days but the whole "I don't have it" (me), "We don't have it" (Amazon), "Well, we don't have it either!" (bank) attitude towards customers money is well shonky.
Thanks given by:
chip75 (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 12:59 PM   #180
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Portsmouth, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_1999 View Post
Let's see how it affects their Prime membership - I think a lot of people might leave (I'm thinking about it).
But it still get's faster delivery (the reason I got it), pre-order or not... and Good Omens on TV will keep me
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland