Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
10 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
8 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Hand (Blu-ray)
$24.99
9 hrs ago
City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
The Groove Tube (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
9 hrs ago
Wrong Turn (Blu-ray)
$9.96
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the film (after you've seen it)
242 42.16%
222 38.68%
64 11.15%
33 5.75%
13 2.26%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #7361
JayTL JayTL is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JayTL's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusTheBluRayGuy View Post
Honestly, no one can judge all of the main cast’s performance based on Josstice League (the theatrical cut) since Whedon reshot 90% of the movie. Clearly, people can see the uncomfortableness from the cast on-screen and a lot of them didn’t even shoot in the same scene. Ezra’s flash is gonna be more like what we saw in BVS and SS. He’s confident, he have his own personal demons to work through but he’s not weak and stupid like he was in Josstice League.
And that was what, a total of 30 seconds?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Prog5000 (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #7362
bryanr1213 bryanr1213 is offline
Special Member
 
May 2010
Tennessee
40
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusTheBluRayGuy View Post
Honestly, no one can judge all of the main castís performance based on Josstice League (the theatrical cut) since Whedon reshot 90% of the movie. Clearly, people can see the uncomfortableness from the cast on-screen and a lot of them didnít even shoot in the same scene. Ezraís flash is gonna be more like what we saw in BVS and SS. Heís confident, he have his own personal demons to work through but heís not weak and stupid like he was in Josstice League.
Plus Gal didnt shoot any of the reshoots it was her body double, she was pregnant plus she didnt agree with the scene where flash puts his face in her breasts, her face was digitally added in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #7363
Erzengel Erzengel is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
34
159
134
7
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog5000 View Post
To me it feels the DCEU is see-sawing between full restart or course correcting with the next film. Personally I feel the mapped out series of films has taken several detours since originally announced to the masses due to the quality/reception of the movies. My perception is one step forward; two back.
I mean yeah, it was probably more of a Snyder main with all these other movies branching off. Now they've gone too far and experienced success in some areas that allows them to move forward and other areas like a restart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #7364
DariusTheBluRayGuy DariusTheBluRayGuy is offline
Active Member
 
DariusTheBluRayGuy's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
Cincinnati
111
394
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
And that was what, a total of 30 seconds?
Yeah, but just from the DC Fandome trailer at the end, everyone can see the difference in the dialogue and performance. Ezraís Flash was making sense and not talking about ďbrunchĒ. Iím just saying that literally no one should base their opinions on their performances until after watching the real film ZSJL. Those reshoots were forced on them and it was a terrible work environment for them all.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Creed (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #7365
Prog5000 Prog5000 is offline
Power Member
 
Prog5000's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Norwich - UK
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
And that was what, a total of 30 seconds?
I donít even remember him in SS. Clearly Iíve blocked that film out.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JayTL (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 04:43 PM   #7366
JayTL JayTL is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JayTL's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog5000 View Post
I donít even remember him in SS. Clearly Iíve blocked that film out.
I know he was in the Boomerang flashback, but I don't remember if it was just a blur or the actual actor as well.

It's just funny we're told to not base our opinions on the 2 hours we've seen with the characters, and pay reaaaallll close attention to the 30 seconds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:50 PM   #7367
oneway23 oneway23 is offline
Senior Member
 
Sep 2018
NY
Default

Brothaman had about a 45 second cameo in the Suicide Squad. Very beginning. Just some generic sort of "sheriff taking you in again" dialogue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:51 PM   #7368
CyberpunkCentral CyberpunkCentral is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
CyberpunkCentral's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
6
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
oneway23 (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 04:52 PM   #7369
DariusTheBluRayGuy DariusTheBluRayGuy is offline
Active Member
 
DariusTheBluRayGuy's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
Cincinnati
111
394
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
I know he was in the Boomerang flashback, but I don't remember if it was just a blur or the actual actor as well.

It's just funny we're told to not base our opinions on the 2 hours we've seen with the characters, and pay reaaaallll close attention to the 30 seconds.
Or just wait to watch ZSJL then. Iím just saying that it doesnít make sense to base your opinion on their performance and the character itself if the movie itself was cut and rip apart from what was originally intended. The theatrical cut was mostly Whedon footage. 90% of the movie was Whedon. A lot of the cast didnít shoot scenes together due to scheduling and issues on the set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #7370
JayTL JayTL is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JayTL's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusTheBluRayGuy View Post
Or just wait to watch ZSJL then. Iím just saying that it doesnít make sense to base your opinion on their performance and the character itself if the movie itself was cut and rip apart from what was originally intended. The theatrical cut was mostly Warner footage. 100% of the movie was Warner. A lot of the cast didnít shoot scenes together due to scheduling and issues on the set.
Fixed it for you.

Can't blame one sole person for a "failure" this colossal.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
kngtmat (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #7371
mwynn mwynn is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
mwynn's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
Fixed it for you.

Can't blame one sole person for a "failure" this colossal.
If you are hired to do a job, and given directions to follow. You then hand said work to the company and they approve, and release it. How it is it the hired persons fault. You did what was asked, got your check and left.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JayTL (02-04-2021), kngtmat (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #7372
bryanr1213 bryanr1213 is offline
Special Member
 
May 2010
Tennessee
40
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
I know he was in the Boomerang flashback, but I don't remember if it was just a blur or the actual actor as well.

It's just funny we're told to not base our opinions on the 2 hours we've seen with the characters, and pay reaaaallll close attention to the 30 seconds.
It was a full scene he made a wise crack about crime doesnt pay.

My thing is why did they have to remove flash saving iris did they want the characters to all be one dimensional?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:12 PM   #7373
DariusTheBluRayGuy DariusTheBluRayGuy is offline
Active Member
 
DariusTheBluRayGuy's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
Cincinnati
111
394
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
If you are hired to do a job, and given directions to follow. You then hand said work to the company and they approve, and release it. How it is it the hired persons fault. You did what was asked, got your check and left.
It was Whedon/Johns and WBís fault for putting that abomination out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #7374
mwynn mwynn is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
mwynn's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusTheBluRayGuy View Post
It was Whedon/Johns and WBís fault for putting that abomination out.
Whedon had no say in any of that. He was a hired hand. He built the house that Warner gave him plans for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #7375
JayTL JayTL is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JayTL's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanr1213 View Post
It was a full scene he made a wise crack about crime doesnt pay.

My thing is why did they have to remove flash saving iris did they want the characters to all be one dimensional?
okay I forgot..only saw that movie once.

Please everyone, ignore when I said 30 full seconds of Flash.
It's 90.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
Whedon had no say in any of that. He was a hired hand. He built the house that Warner gave him plans for.
No, he was all that's wrong with the movie. 100%.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:31 PM   #7376
DariusTheBluRayGuy DariusTheBluRayGuy is offline
Active Member
 
DariusTheBluRayGuy's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
Cincinnati
111
394
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
Whedon had no say in any of that. He was a hired hand. He built the house that Warner gave him plans for.
But didnít he receive a writing credit or no? Yes, he did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #7377
mwynn mwynn is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
mwynn's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusTheBluRayGuy View Post
But didnít he receive a writing credit or no? Yes, he did.
Do you think he was not handed a plot outline from Johns and developed it. Again Whedon was a hired hand a contractor. He is gone everyone else is still there for the most part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #7378
JayTL JayTL is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JayTL's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusTheBluRayGuy View Post
But didn’t he receive a writing credit or no? Yes, he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
Do you think he was not handed a plot outline from Johns and developed it. Again Whedon was a hired hand a contractor. He is gone everyone else is still there for the most part.
I thought Snyder reached out to him when writing the movie. I could be misremembering but Joss was brought on before Snyder left to help with the story

EDIT:https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...n-zack-snyder/

Last edited by JayTL; 02-04-2021 at 05:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #7379
mwynn mwynn is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
mwynn's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
I thought Snyder reached out to him when writing the movie. I could be misremembering but Joss was brought on before Snyder left to help with the story
If that is true then he was working on data provided by Snyder. Everything about JL is a mess. You brought in a guy to fix a ship that was sinking and about to run aground, instead of correcting the course they had him fix the leaks, using other pieces of the boat. Then still let it hit land.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #7380
bryanr1213 bryanr1213 is offline
Special Member
 
May 2010
Tennessee
40
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
okay I forgot..only saw that movie once.

Please everyone, ignore when I said 30 full seconds of Flash.
It's 90.




No, he was all that's wrong with the movie. 100%.
Ive heard he was very bitter on how the avengers turned out and treated justice league like it was trash and below him, Keep in mind he does have writing credit so obviously he had some input, and he recycled some things from the avengers so yes he is partly to blame. I also will say that the movie should have been delayed.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 AM.