Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96
 
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
 
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
 
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34
 
Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #4941
SeanMF SeanMF is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
SeanMF's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
Iowa
70
1428
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
Hey Callas what is your opinion in the Marantz SR6006 ???
That receiver or the 5006 is on my list to demo once I start my new ht setup.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:06 AM   #4942
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMF View Post
That receiver or the 5006 is on my list to demo once I start my new ht setup.
Going to Sea World tomorrow and Saturday.... Im excited I have never been... so this will be a new thing for me and the family.... That will be an excellent start to the weekend. Monday will be lunch at the in-laws, dinner at the parents, fireworks... should be a great weekend.

Anyone else got something happening?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:29 AM   #4943
Travis Travis is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1622
299
4
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Going to Sea World tomorrow and Saturday.... Im excited I have never been... so this will be a new thing for me and the family.... That will be an excellent start to the weekend. Monday will be lunch at the in-laws, dinner at the parents, fireworks... should be a great weekend.

Anyone else got something happening?
I love Sea World. Nice place to just walk around. More leisurely pace than Disneyland, and no 1 hour lines. Make sure to see the Pets Rule show. Trainers rescue animals and put them in a show, it's my favorite show there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:33 AM   #4944
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

awesome, we're gonna get the fun passes and probably go about 5-6 times over the summer... that coupled with our Knotts tickets will keep us busy and having fun all summer.... Ill probably see that show when we go in August, tomorrow is the dolphin show and saturday shamu....

BTW I hate going to Disneyland.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #4945
Travis Travis is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1622
299
4
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
awesome, we're gonna get the fun passes and probably go about 5-6 times over the summer... that coupled with our Knotts tickets will keep us busy and having fun all summer.... Ill probably see that show when we go in August, tomorrow is the dolphin show and saturday shamu....

BTW I hate going to Disneyland.
My sister has two kids 5 and 7. When they go visit Ma for a couple weeks they get the fun pass and go to Sea World half a dozen times. I'm sure when Michelle is older we will do the same.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #4946
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
My sister has two kids 5 and 7. When they go visit Ma for a couple weeks they get the fun pass and go to Sea World half a dozen times. I'm sure when Michelle is older we will do the same.
thats awesome... I hope you get to do that soon... its always nice to go see your parents, and then have something like that to go do. So when are you coming back to the states again?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:04 AM   #4947
Travis Travis is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1622
299
4
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
thats awesome... I hope you get to do that soon... its always nice to go see your parents, and then have something like that to go do. So when are you coming back to the states again?
Chinese New Year, the end of January. Never made it this year because wife was knocked up. Dying for some fish without faces, deli sandwiches, banana cream pie and of course Mexican food.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #4948
bz1080p bz1080p is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
bz1080p's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Fort Thomas, KY
18
236
5
Default

TGIF Steve
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #4949
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

day one of Sea World was a blast... cant wait to go back tomorrow...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #4950
Travis Travis is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1622
299
4
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
day one of Sea World was a blast... cant wait to go back tomorrow...
Which shows did you see? Go on the water coaster ride, forget the name..Neptune's _____?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 AM   #4951
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Which shows did you see? Go on the water coaster ride, forget the name..Neptune's _____?
we saw the dolphin show, walked thru the Turtle Reef, Shark Encounter, went on the Shipwreck Rapids, did a few other things.... tomorrow will be the Shamu show, Aritc something, penguins, Journey to Atlantis and Sky Cabin plus other exhibits...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:54 AM   #4952
Travis Travis is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1622
299
4
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
we saw the dolphin show, walked thru the Turtle Reef, Shark Encounter, went on the Shipwreck Rapids, did a few other things.... tomorrow will be the Shamu show, Aritc something, penguins, Journey to Atlantis and Sky Cabin plus other exhibits...
Journey to Atlantis, that's it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #4953
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

there will be another roller coaster called ride the Ray in the summer of 2012... I want ride that too...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #4954
aces high aces high is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jan 2010
386
Default

I went to see Transformers 3 today and it has the typical story line and acting but the visuals and soundtrack are top notch. When it comes out on blu I have the feeling it's going to be a whole system workout like Tron and Battle LA. Our subs are definitely going to be working overtime on this one. How was the Sea World today?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #4955
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
I went to see Transformers 3 today and it has the typical story line and acting but the visuals and soundtrack are top notch. When it comes out on blu I have the feeling it's going to be a whole system workout like Tron and Battle LA. Our subs are definitely going to be working overtime on this one. How was the Sea World today?
I expected it to be more like #2, but hopefully a better story line overall. I was thinking by the previews it would be a HT workout... can't wait.

OMG.... Sea World was a blast. I went on the main roller coaster Journey to Atlantis twice, went and touched a dolphins tail fin, got soaking wet from Shamu splashing us with his tail... took a sky cabin ride across the bay, saw belluga whales, polar bears, penguins... and so much other stuff... it was great.... going back in August.... we got annual passes so we are going to go about 5-6 times over the summer and then back again next year before they expire.... Gods been good on my paychecks, so Im taking advantage of it....

what did you do today??
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #4956
aces high aces high is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jan 2010
386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
I expected it to be more like #2, but hopefully a better story line overall. I was thinking by the previews it would be a HT workout... can't wait.

OMG.... Sea World was a blast. I went on the main roller coaster Journey to Atlantis twice, went and touched a dolphins tail fin, got soaking wet from Shamu splashing us with his tail... took a sky cabin ride across the bay, saw belluga whales, polar bears, penguins... and so much other stuff... it was great.... going back in August.... we got annual passes so we are going to go about 5-6 times over the summer and then back again next year before they expire.... Gods been good on my paychecks, so Im taking advantage of it....

what did you do today??
We went to Marine Land in Niagara Falls for the weekend last summer and they sound very similar, the kids had a great time. It's roughly a 7hr drive from us so we won't be making very many trips there. Before going to the movies my daughter wanted to go strawberry picking ( it's her favorite food ) so we picked three baskets full.
The third installment of Transformers is better than the second but still just a popcorn flick, leave your mind at the door. I really wish they would have left the parents out of this one though and made it 20 minutes shorter, it seemed to drag a bit in certain spots.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #4957
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
We went to Marine Land in Niagara Falls for the weekend last summer and they sound very similar, the kids had a great time. It's roughly a 7hr drive from us so we won't be making very many trips there. Before going to the movies my daughter wanted to go strawberry picking ( it's her favorite food ) so we picked three baskets full.
The third installment of Transformers is better than the second but still just a popcorn flick, leave your mind at the door. I really wish they would have left the parents out of this one though and made it 20 minutes shorter, it seemed to drag a bit in certain spots.
that is about what I expected from TF3.

San Diego is about 1-1.25 hrs from me... so its not a hard drive to make. Takes about a 1/4 tank of gas.. not to bad for a round trip... Im very fortunate to live where I do in SoCal... I can get to just about anything in 30 minutes... beach, mountians, desert.... LA in 45-1 and San Diego in about 1 to 1-1/4 hrs...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #4958
LOTR07 LOTR07 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
LOTR07's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Maryland, USA
50
628
440
16
6
Default

Happy 4th of July All........

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #4959
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Thanks Johnny,

Happy fourth of July to you as well....
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #4960
ldgibson76 ldgibson76 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ldgibson76's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Northern Delaware
62
1100
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Thanks Johnny,

Happy fourth of July to you as well....
Hello Callas.

Happy 4th to you also. Thanks for stopping by my thread. I always feel special when you do!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Help With Home Theatre Home Theater General Discussion spcamaj 20 11-05-2008 01:35 AM
Help With Home Theatre Audio Theory and Discussion MrKenSebben 19 06-02-2008 05:21 PM
New home theatre on the way for me? General Chat Beta Man 15 05-14-2008 08:03 PM
New to the Home Theatre (Looking for Help) Home Theater General Discussion Rusted 8 07-16-2007 09:11 PM
Rundown of Blu-ray home theatre vs. commerical theatre Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology andytoh 6 06-22-2007 05:34 PM

Tags
dynaudio, hsu, integra, naim, oppo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:13 PM.