Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Rapt (Blu-ray)
$22.19
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$5.29
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #1

Oct 2010
Quebec City, Canada
Default Disney Hercules - Diamond???

I know wikipedia is not a very reliable site, but did anyone heard of anything about making hercules a diamond edition?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Di...amond_Editions

It would be great, I love this movie, but I don't think disney would make it a diamond.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

I doubt it, I just want Hercules to come out this year though, that would earn Disney a gold star from me, considering all the other movies they're putting out this year.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

That's wrong on Wikipedia and clearly is just some person hoping it's going to be a Diamond Edition, so has stupidly decided to edit it.

The Diamond Collection comprises of:
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Bambi
  • The Lion King
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • Cinderella
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Peter Pan
  • The Jungle Book
  • 101 Dalmations
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Pinocchio

So all other classics, like Hercules, will just be Special Editions.

I think everyone want Hercules to be given a release, because the DVD was shocking and it's never been upgraded, so we can only hope it'll come out next year for its 15th Annivesary.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #4

Oct 2010
Quebec City, Canada

hahaha I was just about to say that someone edited the site
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Expert Member

Aug 2010

I think that is the only one of their "Gold Collection" DVD titles that hasn't been upgraded.

But I'd get it if a Blu comes, pretty much everything from their Little Mermaid-Tarzan run I'd get on BD.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Expert Member

May 2010
Boston, MA

One of my favorite Disney movies! I really hope it gets a decent blu release soon. Hercules was so underrated.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
Special Member

Jul 2008
Phoenix, AZ

It won't get a Diamond release. As mentioned in this thread only a few selected titles will get that moniker.

That said, it's in the running for a possible 2012 release, but probably not sooner.

Of the "Disney 50", 2011 has: "Alice in Wonderland", "Bambi", "Lion King", "Tangled", minor re-releases for "Dinosaur", "Chicken Little" and "Meet the Robinsons" and very likely "Dumbo" in 2011.

2012 will have "Lady and the Tramp", "Cinderella" and "Winnie the Pooh", plus very likely "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh".

To fill out their releases next year, they've filled out their '40s classics, the late '40s anthologies aren't too likely for release, nor are the '70s-'80s films. Of the '90s films Aladdin seems to be the front runner, but it had a DVD release much more recently that Hercules which hasn't had a release since the late '90s.

This is of course because of it's low box office returns, but "The Black Cauldron" and other similar low grossing films have been revisted recently leaving Hercules the film that has gone the longest without a re-release.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:04 AM   #8
Expert Member

May 2009

Well if you think about it, this movie was made with CAPS, therefore won't need remastering / DIAMOND EDITION treatment. You can even see for yourself on the Disney 50th feature countdown (Tangled Bonus features), featuring a short clip from this movie grainless.

It's all digital so it's just a matter of putting it on blu-ray. I just hope they don't make it too vibrant like Beauty and the Beast - it killed it.

Anyway I don't know if it's safe to put the links but some guy on youtube managed to upload HD song clips from Hercules in LEGIT HD, not the wanna-be kinds. I'd link it but I dunno if it's "legal".

So again, it's just a matter of releasing it in "Special Edition". It doesn't need the Diamond status to be on Blu-Ray. If this ever so happens, we'd finally get the movie in tru-anamorphic widescreen.

EDIT:

O WHAT THE HECK here's ZERO to HERO:

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 01-28-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #9

Feb 2011
San Gabriel Valley, CA

I really hope this one get the blu treatment this year. At this point, it really is the most needing of revisiting of all the 90s-2000s releases, if only to finally have it out in anamorphic widescreen.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #10

Feb 2012
Default 3D release maybe?

Now with all the stuff of Disney releasing some of their back catalogue in 3D with Lion King and Beauty & The Beast getting the treatment with more getting the same treatment. So maybe Hercules could get a 3D release? With all the Greek Mythology excitement at the moment what with the Percy Jackson Movies and the Clash Of The Titans movies being huge hits. I would pay to see Hercules in 3D. Although, I just want it on Blu-Ray now.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #11

Feb 2010
Mexico

Not at all. I think Aladdin is more likely to be on 3D. What is sure is the little mermaid on 3D next year.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #12

Feb 2012
Default Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKane View Post
Not at all. I think Aladdin is more likely to be on 3D. What is sure is the little mermaid on 3D next year.
Shame. I think Hercules is more suited to 3D than Aladdin though but maybe that's just personal preference as I like Hercules more than Aladdin. Also one can't help but think of the battle with the Hydra in Hercules and wonder what it will be like in 3D with a mixture of 3D pop and depth.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

I bought this movie on VHS a long time ago and I never bought it on DVD so this would be great if they brought it out again. Diamond Edition or not I would be happy just to have this film on blu-ray.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I must admit I really have a fondness for the song 'Go the Distance'
Old 08-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
I must admit I really have a fondness for the song 'Go the Distance'
So do I. That is my favorite song from the film
Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
Expert Member

Mar 2012
England
United Kingdom

Would really like to see this out on Blu Ray its quite a good film.
Jack Burton: Everybody relax, I'm here. - Big Trouble in Little China - 1986
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
Expert Member

May 2009

Did anyone catch this on ABC Family (in HD - needless to say) the past weekend? It was trending all over Twitter. Too bad I missed it! Aladdin was aired after also, along with more Disney movies through the Sunday.
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

I had caught the early part of Hercules after he met up with Phil and thought that the HD was very well done. Aladdin was the same thing, the HD was impressively done, definitely surpasses the Standard Definition.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #19

Mar 2013
Wales, UK

I read on another thread that this is supposed to be out in either Scandanavia or Sweden around October. Can't find link right now though. This needs to come out this year. It's one of the few Renaissance period films that is not yet announced.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists