Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Gemini Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
2 hrs ago
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Annabelle Comes Home (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Gemini Man (Blu-ray)
$22.99
6 hrs ago
The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 09-22-2019, 08:26 PM   #17921
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post

So weíre back to being confrontational, making mad predictions and taking bets on the future? Well...

Confrontational where? My reply takes on the tone of the post I am replying to.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:11 PM   #17922
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Ah yes, the famous "do unto others as they have done unto you" high standard that is your credo.

Last edited by Vilya; 09-22-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:15 PM   #17923
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

I got everything arranged for the arrival of the new TV, but sadly that means there is no TV in my home theater for the next three nights.

The old 4K 3D TV is now in my office with only the internet and my region free modified Oppo 93 connected to it. I have to listen via the TV's internal speakers! My office is not well suited for another surround sound system, so I guess I will have to slum it by adding a soundbar of some sort. I feel dirty just looking at them.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #17924
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Ah yes, the famous "do unto others as they have done unto you" high standard that is your credo.
Itís true. I have managed to have friendly conversations with members without a single argument for years. If someoneís post takes on a certain tone, I reply like for like. Always have.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:26 PM   #17925
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
I got everything arranged for the arrival of the new TV, but sadly that means there is no TV in my home theater for the next three nights.

The old 4K 3D TV is now in my office with only the internet and my region free modified Oppo 93 connected to it. I have to listen via the TV's internal speakers! My office is not well suited for another surround sound system, so I guess I will have to slum it by adding a soundbar of some sort. I feel dirty just looking at them.
Tv speakers!

What the **** are you saying!

Old 09-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #17926
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
The first films where shorts feature length films came into existence later as technology got better.
Then by a particular someone's "logic," long form content should have killed off short form content as it was the newcomer upstart.

Many ascribe the first feature length narrative film to be a 1906 Australian movie titled The Story Of The Kelly Gang with a running time that varied from 60-70 minutes depending upon the venue.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...-feature-film/

If you consider the film of a boxing match to be a "movie" then the Corbett-Fitzsimmons Fight filmed on May 22, 1897, with a running time over 100 minutes, would be the first full length film.

http://www.oldest.org/entertainment/movies/

At a minimum, short and long form content have coexisted for 113 years in the case of the former and they have been together for 122 years in the case of the latter.

Last edited by Vilya; 09-22-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:37 PM   #17927
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Tv speakers!

What the **** are you saying!

It is a tragedy of near epic proportions! I could use headphones, but headphones are for s.

I need to get another 4K disc player for it, too. Upgrading one thing rarely stops with just that one thing.

Last edited by Vilya; 09-22-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:40 PM   #17928
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Quote:
Because you make inflammatory posts meant to get a reaction and canít accept anyoneís perspective that doesnít align with yours when challenged. Thatís a confrontation, not a conversation
Old 09-22-2019, 10:43 PM   #17929
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
It’s true. I have managed to have friendly conversations with members without a single argument for years. If someone’s post takes on a certain tone, I reply like for like. Always have.
I think I can say for a fact that you have been in an argument far more recently, and far more frequently, than what you boast here. I don't think that you have gone even four months without having been in the middle of one. Your memory is as convenient as is your "logic."
Old 09-22-2019, 10:44 PM   #17930
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Because you make inflammatory posts meant to get a reaction and canít accept anyoneís perspective that doesnít align with yours when challenged. Thatís a confrontation, not a conversation
I donít. I dispute that. My posts are internal projections. Itís how I feel. My posts are attacked though. I mean just look at Vilyaís this afternoon. Three personal insults in one paragraph. How is that called for? You can think someoneís views are wild or off kilter, but rudeness or mocking is not necessary.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:45 PM   #17931
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
I think I can say for a fact that you have been in an argument far more recently, and far more frequently, than "for years." I don't think that you have gone even six months without being in the middle of one. Your memory is as convenient as is your "logic."
I mean outside of this thread. There are hundreds of people I converse with, I donít just visit this thread.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #17932
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
I mean outside of this thread. There are hundreds of people I converse with, I don’t just visit this thread.
Your comment said that you had not had a single argument "with members" for years. You have had numerous arguments "with members" and not just in this thread; other than this forum where exactly would you be conversing "with members?" Invite them over for tea, do you? If so, where the hell were my invitations?

Quote:

"I have managed to have friendly conversations with members without a single argument for years."
Old 09-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #17933
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:

I donít know, soundbars arenít too bad. We had one set up in our bedroom in our old place. I am still trying to figure out what to use in our front room that doesnít require us to hire an installer to insure they arenít exposed, but give me the sound I need when watching a movie.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:53 PM   #17934
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
I don’t know, soundbars aren’t too bad. We had one set up in our bedroom in our old place. I am still trying to figure out what to use in our front room that doesn’t require us to hire an installer to insure they aren’t exposed, but give me the sound I need when watching a movie.
Please, feel free, you or anyone else, to recommend one to me, preferably with a sub.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:57 PM   #17935
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
I don’t. I dispute that. My posts are internal projections. It’s how I feel. My posts are attacked though. I mean just look at Vilya’s this afternoon. Three personal insults in one paragraph. How is that called for? You can think someone’s views are wild or off kilter, but rudeness or mocking is not necessary.
You see anything short of total agreement, which you never get, as an insult and therefore you feel constantly insulted. Like someone else here, you become a victim whenever you can not defend your endlessly repeated absurdities. When you post something ridiculous the first time, you get a pass. When you post it over and over and over, you get what you deserve.

Three in one paragraph, eh? I do admire efficiency!

I think this post is more efficient still. I count 4 contenders in its single paragraph:

"Don't blame me for your comments. You made the asinine comment that predictions can't be called wrong until after the fact, you then added that your predictions are based on facts but then had no facts to back up your predictions except for some delusions. I never said people should not post educated guesses on the future. But I will call BS and point out why dumbass predictions won't have any chance of coming true."

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...ostcount=17914

Last edited by Vilya; 09-22-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #17936
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Might I recommend thicker skin when dealing with others in a public forum Steedeel? You (or anyone else) canít make loud unfounded proclamations on the future of home entertainment unchallenged. Thatís what makes it a discussion.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:27 PM   #17937
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Might I recommend thicker skin when dealing with others in a public forum Steedeel? You (or anyone else) can’t make loud unfounded proclamations on the future of home entertainment unchallenged. That’s what makes it a discussion.
Especially when it is the SAME "loud unfounded proclamation" each time. "X"* is going to destroy "Y"* over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

[Show spoiler]Where "X" equals the last article that he read online and "Y" is movies and/ or big screen displays.

Last edited by Vilya; 09-22-2019 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:57 PM   #17938
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Especially when it is the SAME "loud unfounded proclamation" each time. "X"* is going to destroy "Y"* over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

[Show spoiler]Where "X" equals the last article that he read online and "Y" is movies and/ or big screen displays.
That is a mistake you and others repeatedly make. The thoughts are mine with the articles increasing the concern for MY thoughts. Those concerns are already there, they are not triggered by articles (in the main). There is evidence of this as my posts pre date said articles. There are some exceptions.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:58 PM   #17939
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Might I recommend thicker skin when dealing with others in a public forum Steedeel? You (or anyone else) canít make loud unfounded proclamations on the future of home entertainment unchallenged. Thatís what makes it a discussion.
You can have a discussion without insulting people. Thatís my point. I do so with other members daily. A point I was trying to make with Vilya before he got anal about it. (yes, I do use those words if provoked)
Old 09-23-2019, 12:00 AM   #17940
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Please, feel free, you or anyone else, to recommend one to me, preferably with a sub.
A sub? Somewhere in the Atlantic with a 1 year boarding pass.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology