Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Outlander: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Superman & Lois: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Naruto: Set 8 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

This is GWAR (Blu-ray)
$28.62
2 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
23 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
23 hrs ago
Zombie Land Saga Revenge: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Fruits Basket: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

One Piece: Collection 30 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Dragon Ball Super: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$169.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 10-13-2021, 01:42 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011
330-hio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozo View Post
Incredibly well acted finale. Everyone was great, but special shout out to Nick Mohammed. I felt his pain. Best show on TV.
For sure. I haven't hated a TV character this much in a long time.
Thanks given by:
Sozo (10-13-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 01:32 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

The Mexican soccer player actor was on an ad for Xbox's Forza Horizon 5.

He made it look awesome, sorta like a realistic Crazy Taxi.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:58 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2018
Seattle

Wasnt the biggest fan of season 2 compared to season 1. Also, can someone explain to me how Nates hair went from full black to full white by the end of the season? lol
Old 11-02-2021, 07:40 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Wasnt the biggest fan of season 2 compared to season 1. Also, can someone explain to me how Nates hair went from full black to full white by the end of the season? lol
It's his transformation into an evil dick. Grey/white hair is a trope with villains in film.

https://www.slashfilm.com/628165/ted...y-in-season-2/

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
Mohammed took to Twitter to answer a host of questions that he's received about the character, his journey, and his newly pigment-free hairdo at the end of "Ted Lasso" season 2. Among other intriguing details, he revealed that "the hair-colour change was deliberate. I have flecks of grey that were painted out in season 1 and were painted more and more grey as season 2 progressed (it's a wig by the very end!)" But why did Nate's hair change color? Mohammed explained:

"In the way bitterness, guilt, shame and stress can often change someone's appearance, they thought it would be fun to track Nate's spiral in this way (in my head Nate was transforming into [the white-haired Portugese football coach] Josť Mourinho!)"

Season 2 wasn't as good as season 1 but it's also not as bad as most people have made it seem... except the pointless Coach Beard episode. And I'm not sure why people were so surprised about Nate's change,
[Show spoiler]he was always kind of an ass from the start, just not as big of one as the rest so when they start turning 'good' he's going to start turning bad.
Thanks given by:
tcripe (11-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 04:05 AM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

just binged both seasons the past couple weeks, so I couldn't see the drop off or difference the rest of you did. I've always been a fan of Sudeikis so I am glad that he is getting the attention and accolades for this show. But the show in general quickly became one of my favorites, everything about it is just great. Beyond the humor there have been so many moments that got to me on an emotional level, just great.
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (12-02-2021), Sozo (12-02-2021), terp_fan99 (12-21-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 05:24 AM   #46

Apr 2019

I watched the whole thing a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it, but as a footie mad Brit who’s lived in the US for 17 years the sport/culture clash humour is made for me.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:11 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
just binged both seasons the past couple weeks, so I couldn't see the drop off or difference the rest of you did. I've always been a fan of Sudeikis so I am glad that he is getting the attention and accolades for this show. But the show in general quickly became one of my favorites, everything about it is just great. Beyond the humor there have been so many moments that got to me on an emotional level, just great.
It's just such a well-made show through and through. It feels like every single line is carefully carved into the script with a purpose. I watched it weekly and it never had any drop off in quality for me. The Beard After Hours episode is obviously a weird outlier, because of Apple wanting more episodes, but even it has its place in the Lasso lore.

And a great bonus is that it's rewatchable. Love having it on when I'm going through a gloomy spell.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (12-02-2021), limevista2 (12-06-2021)
Old 03-15-2022, 03:19 AM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

60 Minutes had a segment on the show:

And thereís more here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OWEPV09vYFAjlT
Thanks given by:
Frank TJ Mackey (03-24-2022), Sozo (03-16-2022), yanksno1 (06-08-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 02:42 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Lasso continues to be a big part of my watching habits. Love the show and can't wait for season 3. Curious how it's all going to shape out. I had heard that season 3 might be it, but I think it's too important of a show to go out after just 30 or so episodes but we'll see. Just happy we've gotten as much as we have.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:41 AM   #50

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

All caught up.

What a wonderful show. Itís so hard to dislike any one of the characters or anything that happens. Itís so feel good and emotional.

This is the show the world needs.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:53 AM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
All caught up.

What a wonderful show. Itís so hard to dislike any one of the characters or anything that happens. Itís so feel good and emotional.

This is the show the world needs.
I didn't like what Beard did in his solo episode, but that was more of a "why wasn't this stuff put into another episode, it's kind of pointless" thing than just disliking the events lol I also never particularly warmed to Nate, but that could be because I don't think I've ever particularly liked any of Nick Mohammed's characters I've seen over the years (except for maybe Stath Lets Flats). Though I'll say Nate was more likeable (in s1) than some of them, so it was probably something ingrained in my head that he'll play somebody I don't like lol

Seems unlikely since it hasn't happened yet, not even on DVD, but I'd love if WB or Universal (wiki says both... what?) released this on BD or 4K. I'm waiting until the last possible moment to use the Target ATV+ offer so season 3 might be done and out by the time the subscription expires lol
Old 05-12-2022, 09:30 AM   #52

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
I didn't like what Beard did in his solo episode, but that was more of a "why wasn't this stuff put into another episode, it's kind of pointless" thing than just disliking the events lol I also never particularly warmed to Nate, but that could be because I don't think I've ever particularly liked any of Nick Mohammed's characters I've seen over the years (except for maybe Stath Lets Flats). Though I'll say Nate was more likeable (in s1) than some of them, so it was probably something ingrained in my head that he'll play somebody I don't like lol

Seems unlikely since it hasn't happened yet, not even on DVD, but I'd love if WB or Universal (wiki says both... what?) released this on BD or 4K. I'm waiting until the last possible moment to use the Target ATV+ offer so season 3 might be done and out by the time the subscription expires lol
I actually enjoyed Beardís episode. I thought it was a nice change of pace to see the spotlight focused exclusively on him.

As far as Nathan, heís the only character Iím stating to dislike. He had a couple of good callouts, some positive publicity, and itís gone so much to his head.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:29 PM   #53

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Ending with Season 3.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/07/enter...ing/index.html

Aww hell no.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:12 AM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
Technically just says they're writing it as the end, which was always their plan, but not necessarily that it's definitely ending with 3.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:23 AM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2018
Seattle

Bro what! With how popular this show is theres no way it ends next season.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:52 AM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Yeah, it was planned as 3 seasons and Goldstein wrote this upcoming season as the last. But they have not said it's officially over after the 3rd season or that they are not returning for a 4th.

I actually applaud them for writing it as such. Let's finish the story arc they are on and then see where it goes from there.

I don't know why this is all of a sudden a hot topic in the news because they had already said all of this months back.

Don't be fooled by clickbait news sites with big bold headers saying Season 3 is the last.

Jason Sudeikis also expressed that he saw the show ending after three seasons, though he hinted that he may be open to take it further if others had ideas and the opportunity presented itself.

Last edited by 1blufan; 06-08-2022 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:15 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Bro what! With how popular this show is theres no way it ends next season.
Didn't stop Sherlock lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
Yeah, it was planned as 3 seasons and Goldstein wrote this upcoming season as the last. But they have not said it's officially over after the 3rd season or that they are not returning for a 4th.

I actually applaud them for writing it as such. Let's finish the story arc they are on and then see where it goes from there.

I don't know why this is all of a sudden a hot topic in the news because they had already said all of this months back.

Don't be fooled by clickbait news sites with big bold headers saying Season 3 is the last.

Jason Sudeikis also expressed that he saw the show ending after three seasons, though he hinted that he may be open to take it further if others had ideas and the opportunity presented itself
aka let's see how much money Apple and WB throw at me to keep making more. :P

I'd be fine with it ending with 3, I don't want it to but shows would be much better if they'd write them with some kind of end in mind instead of just mindlessly going on and on and letting it slip into crap... like The Goldbergs lol If they finish whatever story they are telling now and think they can keep the quality up and go a little further then great.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:19 AM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Didn't stop Sherlock lol

aka let's see how much money Apple and WB throw at me to keep making more. :P

I'd be fine with it ending with 3, I don't want it to but shows would be much better if they'd write them with some kind of end in mind instead of just mindlessly going on and on and letting it slip into crap... like The Goldbergs lol If they finish whatever story they are telling now and think they can keep the quality up and go a little further then great.
I absolutely agree. I like shows that have a clear path of story arc and don't linger around because of viewership. I think they realize this. There are plenty of directions they can go but if they don't have a strong arc there's no point. I like the characters but they also all need to be onboard.
One of the reasons I like UK shows is they mostly don't over stay their welcome.

Apple will throw everything at them to continue after season 3
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows