Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
$11.26
5 hrs ago
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.91

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$25.31

Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
$12.10

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
$36.75

DuckTales - Remastered (PS3)
$12.88

Disney Infinity 3.0 - Star Wars (PS3)
$26.29

Saints Row IV (PS3)
$19.80

Escape Dead Island (PS3)
$12.45

Alien: Isolation (PS3)
$49.99

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3)
$49.99

Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3)
$19.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default F1 2011

Release date:

20th September 2011 (US) 22nd September (AUS) 23rd September (UK)

Key Features
  • All 12 teams and 24 drivers that will start the 2011 season.
  • All 19 tracks from the 2011 season, including the new Buddh International Circuit. (Bahrain has been removed to reflect real world events)
  • Day/Night cycle.
  • 16 Player online. (24 including 8 optional A.I. drivers)
  • Local 2 Player Split Screen.
  • DRS and KERS will be available.
  • Online Co-Op Season mode. Including team objectives as well as individual objectives.
  • Time Attack.

Quote:
The feature list for this year's game includes improved handling, new AI and an enhanced damage system, but the real focus is on the multiplayer side.

2011's major bullet points are all connected with online, and chief game designer Stephen Hood is frank in telling us he doesn't think last year's game performed well in the network arena "at all".

To help bring the feature up to par then, Codies is introducing both co-op Championships and a much-requested split-screen mode in F1 2011.

Competitive online racing has also been extended with 16 players going head-to-head in Grand Prix, with up to 8 AI drivers added to simulate the full grid of 24 drivers.

These enhancements are complimented by additional quick fire modes including Time Attack and an ever-obsessive commitment to authenticity.

The developers promise F1 2011 will feature all the drivers set to contest the 2011 F1 Championship, including Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher and Jenson Button.

All 2011 teams are represented including Ferrari, Red Rull Racing, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Lotus Renault GP in their iconic black and gold livery.

There are also two additions to the race calendar this year, extending the number of circuits to 19. Players will be able to debut ahead of the drivers on the Buddh International Circuit, the home of the first F1 Grand Prix of India and the Nürburging circuit for the first time.

A little less obvious are all the new rule changes, which Codemasters says will make this year's season "the most exciting yet".

F1 2011 debuts DRS (Drag Reduction System) - the new system which enables drivers to adjust the rear wing on the car to give a boost of up to 10km. KERS also returns, giving players an extra 80BHP for up to 6.67 seconds, enabling drivers to blast past rivals.

Beyond the Drag Deduction Systems and other techy stuff though, you'll be pleased to hear that this year's game actually looks bloody good. Codemasters showed us both last year's game and 2011 side by side, and the difference is night and day (literally in some cases - there's a night/day cycle in 2011).

F1 2011 features a whole new lighting system, dynamic clouds (which are more impressive than they sound) and hugely improved background scenery, right down to blades of grass. As you can see from the first screenshots, the weather system is also looking fantastic.

The new instalment's also committed to expanding the "be the driver" mantra cemented by last year's game.

2011 introduces a new Parc Ferme area, an expanded and revamped Paddock, new Pit Lane, celebration and reaction cinematics and an enhanced media interaction system promising to fully immerse players in the world of driving cars well fast.

Last edited by Mavrick; 08-25-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
  • All 12 teams and 24 drivers that will start the 2011 season.
  • All 19 tracks from the 2011 season, including the new Buddh International Circuit. (Bahrain has been removed to reflect real world events)
  • 16 Player online. (24 including 8 optional A.I. drivers)
  • Local 2 Player Split Screen.
  • DRS and KERS will be available.
  • Online Co-Op Season mode. Including team objectives as well as individual objectives.
  • Time Attack.
I could have sworn I started a thread on this lol

-Clever wording Codies. "All 12 drivers and 24 teams that will START the 2011 season. Ricciardo is in and Chandkok did a race, who knows what else might happen soon.

-Bahrain removed? Come on. I know it's not in the season, so I'm perfectly fine with it not being in career, but it should be choosable online and in single player races. I mean for goodness sake, they already have the track done, they would just need to give it a little spruce and pop it in. I am excited about the Indian circuit though, and Nurburgring. Will be nice to run Formula 1 cars on it without them spinning out at the last chicane all the time (yeah, I'm talking to you GT5).

-Can't wait for online co-op. Already got a buddy I spent some time with 2010 in ready to compete with. Has to be same team though, which is cool though with me though.

-KERS will be useful. If DRS is like real life, it will be useless or overpowered

Also, a few other things:

Safety car is still a work in progress. Codemasters said they will have final word on if it's in or out by Gamescon next month. The problem is not having a cutscene, but making it relatively exciting. It's one thing to regroup under the safety car, it's another to do 5-10 laps under it. That's boring.

No planned DLC for 2011. Figured as much, but still hoped. The licensing is incredibly strict.

I read somewhere they had a new mechanical wear put into the game. It may have to be toggled on/off like other assists/fuel/tyre wear, but essentially if you drive like a crazy person, your vehicle is slightly more likely to have a malfunctioning gearbox or something. But if you drive relatively careful it will be fine.

Either way, looking forward to this iteration. Hopefully it won't be like last year and be a complete crapshoot trying to find it. Last year, it wasn't released on September 2x, it was shipped on that date. So every day I was calling all the local stores before two days later, I found ONE gamestop that had ONE copy. He held it for me and I went and got it. Felt great. And nobody else had it for another 5-7 days, so it felt even better.

Last edited by Trace17; 07-27-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2005
England

I have no interest at all in online racing, every online racing game I've ever played is badly balanced so if you're new you get left behind by the opposition OR some idiot will deliberately crash into you thinking it's funny.

All I really want in the 2011 update is a podium! If I win a race I want to see the celebration! I want to see my trophy cabinet fill with virtual replicas of the real things. Surely it can't be hard in this day and age to get good face mapped drivers in the game, or even put yourself in the game using the EyeCam?

As much as I love F1 I have yet to complete a season in F1 2010, so I'm not sure I will buy this game unless its front end has been overhauled and you get to stand on the podium to celebrate a victory.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
I have no interest at all in online racing, every online racing game I've ever played is badly balanced so if you're new you get left behind by the opposition OR some idiot will deliberately crash into you thinking it's funny.

All I really want in the 2011 update is a podium! If I win a race I want to see the celebration! I want to see my trophy cabinet fill with virtual replicas of the real things. Surely it can't be hard in this day and age to get good face mapped drivers in the game, or even put yourself in the game using the EyeCam?

As much as I love F1 I have yet to complete a season in F1 2010, so I'm not sure I will buy this game unless its front end has been overhauled and you get to stand on the podium to celebrate a victory.
Seems like they've added some of what your after.

Quote:
2011 introduces a new Parc Ferme area, an expanded and revamped Paddock, new Pit Lane, celebration and reaction cinematics and an enhanced media interaction system promising to fully immerse players in the world of driving cars well fast.
But looking at the video charecter models still look poor.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
But looking at the video charecter models still look poor.
Yeah, they do, but so did GT5. It's kinda one of those things where you know they specialize in one thing (racing, physics, etc.) and faces just aren't going to look great. Kinda the opposite of LA Noire.

So anyway, some new info. There's a PS3 preview build for very few people out, but I won't go into detail about that, I think it's still under embargo. But here's what all I have found that I think isn't.

-A Director mode, which seems to be during a pause menu during a race, and gives you information such as what tyres everyone is using, positions, incidents, pit stops, etc.

-The bottom OSD (mph/kph, gear, etc.) isn't shown while in cockpit view, you have to use the wheel. Top OSD is still shown, from what I can tell.

-Each wheel is now modeled after that car's real life wheel. So not one wheel for every car.

Lastly, the supposed achievement/trophy list. I'm not sure this is final, as I read something about a challenge game mode being put in, and there's nothing there for that. There's also something for a safety car, which is, as far as we know, still up in the air.

Have You Considered DIRT 3? - You performed a drift of 10 metres or more
Season Opener - Complete your first Career Race
Pole Position - Take the first Pole Position of your Career
Just The Beginning - Take your first Career Victory
Lightning Fast - Set the Fastest Penalty Free Lap of the Race in any game mode
Sublime Talent - Set the Fastest Lap in ever Session of a Long Race Weekend in any mode
Push The Button - Cleanly Overtake an Opponent While KERS is activated
Winging It - Cleanly Overtake an Opoonent while the Adjustable Rear Wing is activated
Precision Driving - Complete any Race without Colliding with another Car or Object
Constructor's Champion - Win the Constructors' Championship in Career
Drivers World Champion - Win the Drivers' World Championship in Career
On The Bounce - Beat Alberto Ascaris Record fo 9 Successive Career Victories
Do It Yourself - Win a Race in any mode using Manual Gears
They're on which Buttons? - Win a race without activating Kers or Adjustable Rear Wing once
Co-Op Drivers' Champion - Win the Drivers Championship in a Co-op Season
Test Driver - Cover a total of 500 Pracitice miles / 805 kilometres in your Career
Drivers World Championship (Hard) - Win the Drivers World Championship in Career on Hard or Expert Difficulty
Blue Flag - Lap at least 6 other cars during a Race in any game mode
Trophy Collector - Win a Race at each of the 19 Circuits in any game mode
Car Control - Win a Race without any Driver Assists enabled in any game mode
Impeccable Performance - Win a Race from Pole Position in any game mode
Keep your Friends Close - Complete a full Co-op Season
Completionist - Set a Time in all of the Time Attack Scenarios
Opportunist - Perform a Pit-stop during a Safety Car Period
Senna-esque - On lap 1 under heavy rain conditions take the lead after starting no higher than 5th on the grid
Glancing Blow - With Damage on Full make contact with the wall at Monaco and win the Race
Is Jenson going to pass or not? - Win the Turkish Grand Prix driving as Lewis Hamilton
Slingshot - Spend a total of 10 minutes Slipstreaming your opponents in any game mode
On the Podium - In any Race Finish in the top three
Down to the Wire - Take the Lead on the Final Lap of a 20% + distance rate and Win
Keeping it Clean - Finish an online race without making contact with an opponent's car
Robot-like Constency - Complete 5 successive laps each within quarter of a second of each other
It's the Driver not the Car - Win the Drivers World Championship with two different teams in Career or Co-op
Teamwork - Win the Constructors title in a Co-op Championship
Solid Performance- Score points at every Round of a Career or Co-op Season
10 Online - Win 10 Online Races
35 Online - Win 35 Online Races
Slap on the Wrist - Receive a Drive-through Penalty then go on to win the Race

http://www.dealspwn.com/f1-2011-full...nts-list-69076
Old 08-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Yeah, they do, but so did GT5. It's kinda one of those things where you know they specialize in one thing (racing, physics, etc.) and faces just aren't going to look great. Kinda the opposite of LA Noire.

So anyway, some new info. There's a PS3 preview build for very few people out, but I won't go into detail about that, I think it's still under embargo. But here's what all I have found that I think isn't.

-A Director mode, which seems to be during a pause menu during a race, and gives you information such as what tyres everyone is using, positions, incidents, pit stops, etc.

-The bottom OSD (mph/kph, gear, etc.) isn't shown while in cockpit view, you have to use the wheel. Top OSD is still shown, from what I can tell.

-Each wheel is now modeled after that car's real life wheel. So not one wheel for every car.

Lastly, the supposed achievement/trophy list. I'm not sure this is final, as I read something about a challenge game mode being put in, and there's nothing there for that. There's also something for a safety car, which is, as far as we know, still up in the air.

Have You Considered DIRT 3? - You performed a drift of 10 metres or more
Season Opener - Complete your first Career Race
Pole Position - Take the first Pole Position of your Career
Just The Beginning - Take your first Career Victory
Lightning Fast - Set the Fastest Penalty Free Lap of the Race in any game mode
Sublime Talent - Set the Fastest Lap in ever Session of a Long Race Weekend in any mode
Push The Button - Cleanly Overtake an Opponent While KERS is activated
Winging It - Cleanly Overtake an Opoonent while the Adjustable Rear Wing is activated
Precision Driving - Complete any Race without Colliding with another Car or Object
Constructor's Champion - Win the Constructors' Championship in Career
Drivers World Champion - Win the Drivers' World Championship in Career
On The Bounce - Beat Alberto Ascaris Record fo 9 Successive Career Victories
Do It Yourself - Win a Race in any mode using Manual Gears
They're on which Buttons? - Win a race without activating Kers or Adjustable Rear Wing once
Co-Op Drivers' Champion - Win the Drivers Championship in a Co-op Season
Test Driver - Cover a total of 500 Pracitice miles / 805 kilometres in your Career
Drivers World Championship (Hard) - Win the Drivers World Championship in Career on Hard or Expert Difficulty
Trophy Collector - Win a Race at each of the 19 Circuits in any game mode
Car Control - Win a Race without any Driver Assists enabled in any game mode
Impeccable Performance - Win a Race from Pole Position in any game mode
Keep your Friends Close - Complete a full Co-op Season
Completionist - Set a Time in all of the Time Attack Scenarios
Opportunist - Perform a Pit-stop during a Safety Car Period
Senna-esque - On lap 1 under heavy rain conditions take the lead after starting no higher than 5th on the grid
Glancing Blow - With Damage on Full make contact with the wall at Monaco and win the Race
Is Jenson going to pass or not? - Win the Turkish Grand Prix driving as Lewis Hamilton
Slingshot - Spend a total of 10 minutes Slipstreaming your opponents in any game mode
On the Podium - In any Race Finish in the top three
Down to the Wire - Take the Lead on the Final Lap of a 20% + distance rate and Win
Keeping it Clean - Finish an online race without making contact with an opponent's car
Robot-like Constency - Complete 5 successive laps each within quarter of a second of each other
It's the Driver not the Car - Win the Drivers World Championship with two different teams in Career or Co-op
Teamwork - Win the Constructors title in a Co-op Championship
Solid Performance- Score points at every Round of a Career or Co-op Season
10 Online - Win 10 Online Races
35 Online - Win 35 Online Races
Slap on the Wrist - Receive a Drive-through Penalty then go on to win the Race

http://www.dealspwn.com/f1-2011-full...nts-list-69076
I'm really liking the look of those trophies. They seem like there gunna be a lot of fun to get unlike some trophies that are just a pain in the arse.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
I'm really liking the look of those trophies. They seem like there gunna be a lot of fun to get unlike some trophies that are just a pain in the arse.
F1 2010 had a lot of those, but there will be some grinding in F1 2011 if these are true. You'll have to do 4-5 seasons, 2 co-op (technically only 1, but it would only be fair if you won a season to help your buddy win theirs. Unless you can save before the last race and load it up twice.)

I do like Have You Considered DIRT 3?, Is Jenson going to pass or not? and Slap on the Wrist. Definitely some good descriptions and fun trophies. I loved the comments on that article about other trophies they should have put in, like "Is it cos I black? - Play as Lewis Hamilton, crash into multiple people in a race and blame the stewards for your actions"

This one might take some luck:

Quote:
I never did a full race in 2010, but in the average 20% race, I never lapped anyone on regular/hard AI and only 1 or 2 on easy AI. So that might take the easiest AI and a 50-75% race distance.

I'm starting to get excited about F1 2011 though, played some 2010 at Silverstone, incredibly fun track, I could probably do a full race there. Very challenging but very fun. I did a 20% last night, spun out on one of the chicanes first lap, but took Vettel with me and stopped the entire pack, only lost 2 positions, got one back, but it took me the rest of the race to chase down Hamilton.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

I hope they put out a demo. I've never liked the feel of the Dirt games so I'm a bit skeptical on this. I did enjoy the demo of the first F1 game on the PS3 by a different developer.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:14 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
I hope they put out a demo. I've never liked the feel of the Dirt games so I'm a bit skeptical on this. I did enjoy the demo of the first F1 game on the PS3 by a different developer.
Well, the DiRT games are a (successful imo) blend of sim and arcade. The F1 game is straight up sim. I think you're thinking of F1 Championship edition? I think that was by Sony, actually. Honestly though, I don't think CM will put out a demo of this, but it is possible, and might help them expand with more customers, especially in the US.

Of course, if you want to get a decent taste of what F1 2011 will be like, you could just get F1 2010. Of course that will set you back, so you may just have to wait and hope they have one.

Have you played DiRT 3? I thought it played a lot better than DiRT 2, definitely more refined and, to me, more realistic. Obviously nowhere close to F1 2010 though. And the F1 game can be user-friendly (easy AI, assists on, etc.) and can be incredibly hardcore (with tyre wear, fuel simulation, pit strategies, full race weekend, full penalties, etc.)

Hopefully they do put a demo out, 1) so people on the fence can hopefully try it out and like it and 2) so I can play it even earlier
Old 08-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

No, I haven't played Dirt 3.. I tried Dirt 2 and didn't like the feel of the game. I'll look on the store to see if there is a demo. I can understand the appeal of the games but they just haven't been to my tastes. so far.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

F1 2011 Q&A up on PS Blog EU.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...an-50-of-them/

Lots and lots of questions. Still reading it myself.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Here's the Dev Diary 2, in HD now without audio sync problems and annoying subtitles.

:38 to :50 is just

Suspension and handling is improved, looks great, and look at the DRS and rear wing movement!

And the oversteer at the end of the vids is great, here's what a dev said about it:

Quote:
We were simply showing the difference between the sliding in '11 and the sliding (or lack of) in the old 2010 game. No, it's not easy to drift the car around. Many of those slides were retakes If you're driving one of the less capable cars, lower down the grid, on Prime tyres, you will often have moments coming out of corners where you can feel the back starting to squirm. Normally you get up to speed, the aero kicks in and you straighten out. But on occasion you will overstep the mark and need to correct. For the Handling diary we had some fun pushing the cars above the limit, to show you what can be done. It's certainly not the way to get the quickest lap time
I'm glad that we can supposedly attack the kerbs more now, because Catalunya in F1 2010 was an ass if you even thought about looking at the kerbs
Old 08-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #13
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Here's the Dev Diary 2, in HD now without audio sync problems and annoying subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKL7m8Rqe8s

:38 to :50 is just

Suspension and handling is improved, looks great, and look at the DRS and rear wing movement!

And the oversteer at the end of the vids is great, here's what a dev said about it:

I'm glad that we can supposedly attack the kerbs more now, because Catalunya in F1 2010 was an ass if you even thought about looking at the kerbs
Wow, that looks amazing. Much, much better than last years. I couldn't care less about driver animations fot the paddock scenes as long as tey nail the on track action, and everything in that video looked beautifull!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Wow, that looks amazing. Much, much better than last years. I couldn't care less about driver animations fot the paddock scenes as long as tey nail the on track action, and everything in that video looked beautifull!
Well, do keep in mind that last year the PS3 version looked noticeably inferior to PC (and even 360 in many aspects). I expect PC to look fantastic, but not for PS3 to look as bad (in comparison, it did still look decent). Hopefully they've used this extra year to bring it up to par.

I do prefer they spend a lot of time on handling, suspension, etc. but I would appreciate some post-race animations. It just feels a bit awkward if it's just start-cross finish line-back to menu. Especially if you've just won the WDC. But you should see all the stuff people demand on the CM forums - formation laps, pit crews holding the boards on the pit wall, starting from the pit lane, off-throttle exhaust sounds, etc. That stuff would all be really cool to have in the game, but not at the expense of poor gameplay. But maybe one day we can have it all. Maybe.

With Gamescom starting tomorrow, we should see recent build footage coming out. They don't have much time left, so it will be close to final.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Could someone please advise whether I should get this if I already have the F1 2010? And why? Thanks.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #16
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
Could someone please advise whether I should get this if I already have the F1 2010? And why? Thanks.
Well, I guess it's really down to the individual as to why they would pick this game up. I own the previous one, and can't wait to get my hands on this. I am a pretty big F1 fan though. But aside from that all the improvements listed and in the videos so far make this seem more than just your average yearly upgrade.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Well, I guess it's really down to the individual as to why they would pick this game up. I own the previous one, and can't wait to get my hands on this. I am a pretty big F1 fan though. But aside from that all the improvements listed and in the videos so far make this seem more than just your average yearly upgrade.
Yeah, it depends on how dedicated you are or how much you enjoy the game. In theory, F1 2011 should be better in every aspect. Better graphics, better working suspension models, better handling for more ability to attack the kerbs (hopefully), updated teams & drivers, new parc feme animations, and 2 new tracks (Nurburgring and India, and unlike GT5, the AI shouldn't spin out at the last chicane in Nurburgring every time). Oh, and did I mention a completely new system behind the pits so that now you won't be held longer than necessary?

Of course, not to mention the new tyre compounds Pirelli brought out this year, and DRS & Kers. If you love F1 or love the game, it's a more polished game with a few more bells and whistles (maybe even a safety car, we don't know yet). If you're a casual fan and/or wasn't a huge fan of F1 2010 (but not because it may have been buggy), then perhaps you may want to wait. But I can't resist.

One of the devs said this today:

Quote:
That was a long, long day. Should be good tmw. Pre-orders might jump when people start seeing the game... I just want to race people.
Edit: The 2 new tracks are in place of, more or less. Nurburgring replaces Hockenhiem, and Bahrain was cancelled, and last I heard it was going to be left out of the game. India is in no matter what, but kind of acts as a Bahrain replacement.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Looks like safety car is confirmed!

http://twitter.com/#!/AndyGray_/stat...31022184714241

Quote:
Hang on, what's this? That's right, the SAFETY CAR IS IN!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Looks great. Should be intresting having the Saftey Car on during online races.

Quote:
Update: In a comment on this article by community manager Ian Webster, Codemasters has confirmed that the safety car will be available in races of 20 per cent real distance or over, including online races, but can be turned off if you don't want it. You'll maintain car control (and the same game camera) behind the safety car, but with certain restrictions. And it won't be available for players to drive.

Original story: Codemasters has confirmed that this year's official Formula One game, F1 2011, will introduce the sport's safety car.

Lead designer Steve Hood and communications manager Andy Gray both tweeted the news this morning ahead of the game's showing at gamescom in Cologne.

"Hang on, what's this? That's right, the SAFETY CAR IS IN!!!" said Gray, posting a blurry off-screen snap of the FIA's Mercedes SLS in action, leading the F1 field. (New, better image below!)

"Okay, okay… Safety Car is in this years' game… Going to be awesome!!" confirmed the only slightly less excitable Hood.

In Formula One, the safety car leads the pack around at the circuit at a reduced pace in dangerous conditions such as extreme wet or after a crash. Racers have to hold station behind it and aren't allowed to pass each other.

Its appearance can have a profound impact on race strategy and outcome, and it's been a much-requested feature by fans.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

New Gamescom trailer (Freakin' sweeeeet)

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_f1_2...-22879_en.html

With SC in, red flags are in now too.

http://twitter.com/#!/T4RG4/status/103949339776397312

Quote:
@T4RG4
Steve Hood
@JaeFormula1 Yes, Red Flags included this year
India Circuit Gameplay

I think this one is direct feed PS3, Monza.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_f1_2...-22873_en.html

Getting way too excited for the game now. Still got about 5 weeks left.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
codemaster, f1 2011