Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.49
18 hrs ago
Dune 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.30
1 day ago
In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.01
 
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.10
 
The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00
 
IMAX: Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.43
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30
 
Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Kryptonian Warrior Kryptonian Warrior is offline
Member
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Chattanooga, TN
363
Warner Bros Man of Steel (2013) Blu-ray 3D [Region Free]

As the title states, Man of Steel is, in fact, going to be converted to 3D! It was unofficially announce back in July by the IMAX website, but it was taken down in a quick hurry. It seems as though it was not a mistake, but it just wasn't time to be announced. Well, the time has come and it will be in 3D and IMAX. Granted, it wasn't shot in IMAX, so that will be a conversion as well. Overall, with the extended post-production time that they have had, there's no reason this couldn't be one of the best post-conversions to date. Here's an announcement, and I expect the official announcement from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures should follow soon......

"Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that director Zack Snyder’s upcoming action adventure Man of Steel will be presented in 3D in select theaters, as well as in 2D and IMAX, so fans of the iconic superhero will be able to experience the much-anticipated movie in their format of choice.

Snyder stated, “The film is going to be a visually exciting experience in all formats: 2D, 3D and IMAX. Anticipating how audiences today embrace 3D, we designed and photographed the movie in a way that would allow ‘Man of Steel’ to captivate those movie goers, while respecting fans who prefer a more traditional cinematic experience. We’ve taken great measures to ensure the film and the story come first, and 3D is meant as an enhancement.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96814
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
bluballer bluballer is offline
Senior Member
 
bluballer's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Somewhere in SEGA
121
207
Default

Cool. Will wait for the 3D Steel. Pun intended.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
As the title states, Man of Steel is, in fact, going to be converted to 3D!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96814
This is very good 3D news for such a big title like Superman's Man of Steel, and from the directing style of Zack Snyder, who did a great job with 300 and Watchmen's style and fights.

I hope they can get it done on time with the better than average quality we now expect thanks to conversion movies like Avengers 3D and John Carter 3D.

In order to get to that level, they'll have to make this a hybrid 3D conversion (mix of 2D to 3D live action combined with 3D re-rendered CGI imagery).
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
Rainhurt Rainhurt is offline
Active Member
 
Rainhurt's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Canada
Default

This movie has already finished principle photography in July. They probably were planning the conversion throughout shooting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
Kryptonian Warrior Kryptonian Warrior is offline
Member
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Chattanooga, TN
363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainhurt View Post
This movie has already finished principle photography in July. They probably were planning the conversion throughout shooting.
It actually finished shooting back in February. It started filming in September of last year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Will21st Will21st is offline
Active Member
 
Will21st's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Hove,UK
12
Default

Fantastic News for 3D..... it's actually funny seeing 3D haters still talking about 3D not being popular and no one wanting it when new 3D releases get announced every day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
mseeley mseeley is offline
Special Member
 
mseeley's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
CA
262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
As the title states, Man of Steel is, in fact, going to be converted to 3D! It was unofficially announce back in July by the IMAX website, but it was taken down in a quick hurry. It seems as though it was not a mistake, but it just wasn't time to be announced. Well, the time has come and it will be in 3D and IMAX. Granted, it wasn't shot in IMAX, so that will be a conversion as well. Overall, with the extended post-production time that they have had, there's no reason this couldn't be one of the best post-conversions to date. Here's an announcement, and I expect the official announcement from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures should follow soon......

"Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that director Zack Snyder’s upcoming action adventure Man of Steel will be presented in 3D in select theaters, as well as in 2D and IMAX, so fans of the iconic superhero will be able to experience the much-anticipated movie in their format of choice.

Snyder stated, “The film is going to be a visually exciting experience in all formats: 2D, 3D and IMAX. Anticipating how audiences today embrace 3D, we designed and photographed the movie in a way that would allow ‘Man of Steel’ to captivate those movie goers, while respecting fans who prefer a more traditional cinematic experience. We’ve taken great measures to ensure the film and the story come first, and 3D is meant as an enhancement.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96814
YES!!!! This is going to look amazing in 3d I reckon !! And major kudos to Snyder for his classy statement here
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #8
Jack_Ryder_2012 Jack_Ryder_2012 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2012
Default

In the mean time they should release superman returns on 3d blu ray, i would love to see the airplane scene in 3d again, that looked amazing when i saw it in imax
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #9
TM2-Megatron TM2-Megatron is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
TM2-Megatron's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada
842
4067
136
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Ryder_2012 View Post
In the mean time they should release superman returns on 3d blu ray, i would love to see the airplane scene in 3d again, that looked amazing when i saw it in imax
Didn't it only have 20 minutes of 3-D footage? Unless they were to go back and convert the entire movie, I doubt they'd think it was worth releasing on 3-D Blu-Ray. Personally, the only thing worse (for me) than "3-D storytelling" or 3-D conversions that are mostly flat with only one or two standout scenes is actually having to take your glasses on and off because only parts of the film are in 3-D in the first place. Talk about aggravating.

As far as Man of Steel goes, I'll probably just see it in 2-D. It's about time I started voting with my wallet, and avoiding conversions without exception.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #10
Rainhurt Rainhurt is offline
Active Member
 
Rainhurt's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
It actually finished shooting back in February. It started filming in September of last year.
Oh, they must have done some pick ups.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #11
Kameleon Kameleon is offline
Junior Member
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Ryder_2012 View Post
In the mean time they should release superman returns on 3d blu ray, i would love to see the airplane scene in 3d again, that looked amazing when i saw it in imax
I never, ever want to see this movie again... even in 3D. I just wish it was never made or completely wiped off everyone's memory.

Good news on MOS being 3D, let's hope it's a kick arse conversation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #12
Kryptonian Warrior Kryptonian Warrior is offline
Member
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Chattanooga, TN
363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
This is very good 3D news for such a big title like Superman's Man of Steel, and from the directing style of Zack Snyder, who did a great job with 300 and Watchmen's style and fights.

I hope they can get it done on time with the better than average quality we now expect thanks to conversion movies like Avengers 3D and John Carter 3D.

In order to get to that level, they'll have to make this a hybrid 3D conversion (mix of 2D to 3D live action combined with 3D re-rendered CGI imagery).
Don't forget about Sucker Punch. Visually speaking, that movie was incredible! From everything that I've seen and read on MoS, it's going to be a visual masterpiece. Have you seen the ComiCon footage? If not, I highly suggest you, and everyone else who hasn't seen it, find it and check it out. it's still out there. Granted, there are parts of the footage that is blurry, but for the most part you can see what's going on. I can easily see this as being a $300 million domestic hit.

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 11-08-2012 at 04:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #13
Rainhurt Rainhurt is offline
Active Member
 
Rainhurt's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Don't forget about Sucker Punch. Visually speaking, that movie was incredible! From everything that I've seen and read on MoS, it's going to be a visual masterpiece. Have you seen the ComiCon footage? If not, I highly suggest you, and everyone else who hasn't seen it, check it out. Granted, there are parts of the footage that is blurry, but for the most part you can see what's going on. I can easily see this as being a $300 million domestic hit.
Is the comic con footage online?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #14
Kryptonian Warrior Kryptonian Warrior is offline
Member
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Chattanooga, TN
363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainhurt View Post
Is the comic con footage online?
Not officially, but you can still find it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #15
Kryptonian Warrior Kryptonian Warrior is offline
Member
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Chattanooga, TN
363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Fantastic News for 3D..... it's actually funny seeing 3D haters still talking about 3D not being popular and no one wanting it when new 3D releases get announced every day.
I know. As the saying goes....haters gonna hate. Here's a post from another Forum I visit. I thought it was rather comical......
"Post converted 3D is awful and always will be no matter how its done or how much time is taken to do it. Im waiting for the damn trend to end, even films "shot" with the format don't add anything to the experience at all whatsoever."
I don't dare disagree with him though, because most people on that Forum absolutely hate 3D. I think some people just hate 3D because it's the popular thing to do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
YES!!!! This is going to look amazing in 3d I reckon !! And major kudos to Snyder for his classy statement here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Don't forget about Sucker Punch. Visually speaking, that movie was incredible! From everything that I've seen and read on MoS, it's going to be a visual masterpiece. Have you seen the ComiCon footage? If not, I highly suggest you, and everyone else who hasn't seen it, find it and check it out. it's still out there. Granted, there are parts of the footage that is blurry, but for the most part you can see what's going on. I can easily see this as being a $300 million domestic hit.
I saw Sucker Punch also, along with Dawn of the Dead remake. Yes, Suckerpunch, even though I wasn't a fan of the movie, had great imagery and style. I saw the trailer in 3D in theaters for it, but then Zach Snyder said he didn't want them to rush the 3D and it end up not being a good conversion, but the 3D in that trailer for Suckerpunch looked great, strong.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Fantastic News for 3D..... it's actually funny seeing 3D haters still talking about 3D not being popular and no one wanting it when new 3D releases get announced every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I know. As the saying goes....haters gonna hate. Here's a post from another Forum I visit. I thought it was rather comical......
"Post converted 3D is awful and always will be no matter how its done or how much time is taken to do it. Im waiting for the damn trend to end, even films "shot" with the format don't add anything to the experience at all whatsoever."
I don't dare disagree with him though, because most people on that Forum absolutely hate 3D. I think some people just hate 3D because it's the popular thing to do.
I think if people who hate 3D movies or 3DTV lost an eye, so they could only see out of one eye for the rest of their lives, they might think again about what they're saying about 3D. I'd say it's not the 3D they hate, but having to wear glasses to see the 3D, which I can understand.

We're getting closer to the day of glasses free 3DTV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
Will21st Will21st is offline
Active Member
 
Will21st's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Hove,UK
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I know. As the saying goes....haters gonna hate. Here's a post from another Forum I visit. I thought it was rather comical......
"Post converted 3D is awful and always will be no matter how its done or how much time is taken to do it. Im waiting for the damn trend to end, even films "shot" with the format don't add anything to the experience at all whatsoever."
I don't dare disagree with him though, because most people on that Forum absolutely hate 3D. I think some people just hate 3D because it's the popular thing to do.
Here's more gems:
I hate 3D films and always try and watch them in 2D, lets face it, it's just a way of film studios to charge us more at the cinema and when it's released on disc. I can't wait until this 3D gimmick dies it's death, it's already over in Japan where it has been shuned by consumers.

I thought The Avengers had the same awful, cardboard cut-out 3D that's plagued previous conversions.

If at all possible, I'll be passing on this in 3D

You can tell people are just being negative for the sake of it.... the more 3D is winning,the more they try to trash-talk.... pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I saw Sucker Punch also, along with Dawn of the Dead remake. Yes, Suckerpunch, even though I wasn't a fan of the movie, had great imagery and style. I saw the trailer in 3D in theaters for it, but then Zach Snyder said he didn't want them to rush the 3D and it end up not being a good conversion, but the 3D in that trailer for Suckerpunch looked great, strong.
Thanks for the info.





I think if people who hate 3D movies or 3DTV lost an eye, so they could only see out of one eye for the rest of their lives, they might think again about what they're saying about 3D. I'd say it's not the 3D they hate, but having to wear glasses to see the 3D, which I can understand.

We're getting closer to the day of glasses free 3DTV.
Yeah,Sucker Punch would have been an ideal candidate for 3D,visually it was so strong.
What little we've seen of MoS it will be a feast for the eyes.

People's 'hate' for 3D is just so pathetic now. Anyone who bothers to look at the BO numbers and the proliferation of 3D projectors should realize by now the Industry is banking on 3D 100%.....
sometimes I think the moaners think that it's just the studios pushing it and that there is no big deal and one day it'll just all go away...
They don't understand that the entire entertainment Industry is invested in this,to the tunes of BILLIONS!!!!
There's no way 3D is going away,this has to succeed,too much hinges on it.

All these are just my observations,but I'd say they're pretty accurate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
Jack_Ryder_2012 Jack_Ryder_2012 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
Didn't it only have 20 minutes of 3-D footage? Unless they were to go back and convert the entire movie, I doubt they'd think it was worth releasing on 3-D Blu-Ray. Personally, the only thing worse (for me) than "3-D storytelling" or 3-D conversions that are mostly flat with only one or two standout scenes is actually having to take your glasses on and off because only parts of the film are in 3-D in the first place. Talk about aggravating.

As far as Man of Steel goes, I'll probably just see it in 2-D. It's about time I started voting with my wallet, and avoiding conversions without exception.

Yeah it was not the full movie but still impressive i watched it in 3d at imax, was so awesome seeing it on such a big screen, for the blu ray they could convert the entire movie


I think all of this bickering over 3d will soon go away just like with hd back when it first started. its now being advertised on tv so there is alot more effort and money being pored into it, and it will likley be an extra thing for any new tv. All i know is i will keep buying 3d blu rays and games i could not be happier

U know avengers was a conversion and its some of the best 3d u can watch, it just depends on who does the conversion job

Last edited by Jack_Ryder_2012; 11-09-2012 at 03:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
191
2170
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Here's more gems:
I hate 3D films and always try and watch them in 2D, lets face it, it's just a way of film studios to charge us more at the cinema and when it's released on disc. I can't wait until this 3D gimmick dies it's death, it's already over in Japan where it has been shuned by consumers.

I thought The Avengers had the same awful, cardboard cut-out 3D that's plagued previous conversions.

If at all possible, I'll be passing on this in 3D

You can tell people are just being negative for the sake of it.... the more 3D is winning,the more they try to trash-talk.... pathetic.


Yeah,Sucker Punch would have been an ideal candidate for 3D,visually it was so strong.
What little we've seen of MoS it will be a feast for the eyes.

People's 'hate' for 3D is just so pathetic now. Anyone who bothers to look at the BO numbers and the proliferation of 3D projectors should realize by now the Industry is banking on 3D 100%.....
sometimes I think the moaners think that it's just the studios pushing it and that there is no big deal and one day it'll just all go away...
They don't understand that the entire entertainment Industry is invested in this,to the tunes of BILLIONS!!!!
There's no way 3D is going away,this has to succeed,too much hinges on it.

All these are just my observations,but I'd say they're pretty accurate.
Excellent post! I completely agree with what you say about the way people talk about 3D. it's getting reaaally old now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #20
EricJ EricJ is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Excellent post! I completely agree with what you say about the way people talk about 3D. it's getting reaaally old now.
Especially since it's conversion--like, WARNER conversions, for example--that are taking most of the heat, and causing the public to think 3D = Crappy 3D Conversion.
We thought Warner had sworn them off after Clash of the Titans, but no, there's always some Titanic that comes along and causes them to think "Hey, we can do that! " all over again. Nowadays, we're not getting Crappy Conversions from the directors, like Scorsese or Cameron; they're the ones who know the value of native-shot, it's the studios who think they can use a Selling Point on something that Can Be Sold, especially when they believe the secret to success is something they can cook up in the editing room without those nasty demanding directors.
For Fox, that's Die Hard, Lucas and kiddy-movies, for Paramount, that's Titanic, for Sony, that's Resident Evil, and for Warner......yep, that's superheroes.

We can't stop the studios, but we can help folks learn to tell the difference.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
man of steel, superman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:24 PM.