Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Goonies 4K (Blu-ray)
£11.99
15 hrs ago
The Untouchables 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.00

Vikings: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£55.99

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 4K (Blu-ray)
£11.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
£33.94
15 hrs ago
Encanto 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99

The Revenant (Blu-ray)
£1.90

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
£11.99

Encanto (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Ready Player One 4K (Blu-ray)
£11.99

Harry Potter The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
£181.19
3 hrs ago
RoboCop 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 09-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Banned

Apr 2012
Hawaii
United Kingdom Vincent Price in Six Gothic Tales (Arrow) pre-order

Vincent Price and Roger Corman Present: Six Gothic Tales Blu-ray

Release Date: 24th November 2014
Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Vincent Price, Barbara Steele, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, Lon Chaney Jr, Jack Nicholson
Directed by: Roger Corman

Synopsis: From the Merchant of Menace, Vincent Price, and the King of the Bs, Roger Corman, come six Gothic tales inspired by the pen of Edgar Allan Poe.

In The Fall of the House of Usher, a young man learns of a family curse that threatens his happiness with his bride-to-be. In Pit and the Pendulum, a brother investigates the untimely death of sister, played by Barbara Steele. Tales of Terror adapts three Poe classics, Morella, The Black Cat and The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar, each starring a horror icon. The Raven is a comic take on the famous poem concerning three rival magicians. In The Haunted Palace, a newcomer in a New England town is suspected of being a warlock. And in The Tomb of Ligeia, filmed in Norfolk and at Stonehenge, a widower’s upcoming marriage plans are thwarted by his dead first wife.

The six films boast a remarkable cast list: not just Price and Steele (Black Sunday), but also Boris Karloff (Frankenstein), Peter Lorre (M, The Beast with Five Fingers), Lon Chaney Jr (The Wolf Man, Spider Baby), Basil Rathbone (The Black Cat) and a very young Jack Nicholson. Adapted for the screen by Richard Matheson (The Twilight Zone, I Am Legend) and Robert Towne (Chinatown), these Six Gothic Tales now rank as classic examples of sixties horror cinema.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

LIMITED EDITION BOXED-SET (2000 COPIES)
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of all six features, presented across six Blu-rays
Original uncompressed mono PCM Audio for all films
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all films
Numerous new and archive commentaries, interviews and featurettes for each film!
The Directors: Roger Corman, an hour-long documentary on the filmmaker featuring contributions from James Cameron, Martin Scorsese and Ron Howard
Original Theatrical Trailers
Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork for all six films
Limited edition 200-page collector’s book containing new writing on all films plus reprints and reproductions to be announced soon!

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=462

Last edited by Deciazulado; 09-22-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Thanks given by:
Drifter (09-19-2014), hagios (05-31-2020), Ill_Be_Back (09-19-2014), MifuneFan (09-19-2014), Ste7en (09-19-2014)
Old 09-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #2

Oct 2009
Liskeard, Cornwall,UK

Really poor to be releasing this box set with 2 films that have been released already.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
Expert Member

Jan 2014
Switzerland

Bad move to include 2 previously released films. I already bought the Steelbook and Amaray editions of Fall Of The House Of Usher and Pit & The Pendulum when they were released. I'll wait for the remaining 4 titles to be released seperately. Shame about the book, though.

The Raven and Tomb Of Ligea will also be in the upcoming Vincent Price Collection II from Shout!, to be released on October 21st, just in time for Mr. Price's 21st death anniversary October 25th (and, of course, Halloween).
Old 09-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
UK

Ooooh really nice set!

But not for me. Ive got Pit and Theatre already on steelbook. And I only really want The Raven on blu from the 6 there. And also I doubt it will reduce in price much being limited.

Masque of the Red Death is the other must from this time of course, shame Arrow hasnt got that.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Lewis View Post
Really poor to be releasing this box set with 2 films that have been released already.
'Really poor' seems unnecessarily harsh - surely box sets have been released before with a higher percentage of double-dips? In any case, it is a thematic set gathering all of the Corman/Poe/Price films (that they have the rights to), so it wouldn't have made any sense to omit Pit and Usher. At least in this case I'm repurchasing discs that I already have as steelbooks, so I can keep the latter editions on display.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Undoubtedly wishful thinking on my part, but does the language here suggest that there will be new extras on the two previously released discs?

Quote:
Numerous new and archive commentaries, interviews and featurettes for each film!
After consulting DVD Beaver, I see that the Usher disc has 3 GB of extra space and the Pit disc has 8.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #7

Oct 2010

Per Arrow Facebook comment, exclusive CONTENT is limited to the book. Unreleased titles will be available next year separately.

Last edited by salad; 09-19-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

I posted this back in June:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I thinik it would be great if Arrow could release a Vincent Price boxset. I want to get the Arrow films, over the Shout releases, but it really starts to add up. A box set with some saving included would be awesome. There's already enough released to make a Volume one out of, and I imagine it would sell pretty well.

Very excited about this set. Hopefully they can do one for Bava one of these days too.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #9
Banned

Jun 2012
UK

Arrow will be releasing them individually in the New Year.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

The box set looks really nice, I will wait for a price drop before buying. I have been thinking about getting the scream factory releases but the compression issues always put me off. I am glad Arrow is doing a box set and I hope there is more in the future.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

Must have IMO. I don't mind the double dip at all as the ones I do own are in lovely steelbooks.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #12
Banned

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
The box set looks really nice, I will wait for a price drop before buying. I have been thinking about getting the scream factory releases but the compression issues always put me off. I am glad Arrow is doing a box set and I hope there is more in the future.
Considering this is limited to 2000 copies good luck waiting for the price to drop.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
Considering this is limited to 2000 copies good luck waiting for the price to drop.
Given Amazon and Zavvi are both undercutting Arrow for the Withnail LE boxset by 10, I can see them selling this for around 50.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #14
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Given Amazon and Zavvi are both undercutting Arrow for the Withnail LE boxset by 10, I can see them selling this for around 50.
For some reason I had thought this set was an Arrow site-exclusive. Is it difficult to cancel orders, as they charge you right away?
Old 09-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #15

Oct 2012
Glasgow, Scotland

Frustrating for those with 2 amrays and 2 steels already but a good set regardless.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Leeds, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
For some reason I had thought this set was an Arrow site-exclusive. Is it difficult to cancel orders, as they charge you right away?
Just send them an e-mail with the relevant info and it should be cancelled more or less straight away.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #17
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judex View Post
Just send them an e-mail with the relevant info and it should be cancelled more or less straight away.
I did. For the record, they confirmed that the box will not be an Arrow exclusive.
Thanks given by:
kandraks (09-20-2014), ravenus (09-20-2014)
Old 09-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-

They have said some of the book content will be exclusive to the boxset but all the disk content will be on the future standalone disks. So similar set up to the Boro boxset.
Also makes sense they said keeping the boxset limited so it does not sit around in inventory as obviously only one pressing and they are being upfront how many copies are out in the market. I guess they hope to shift most if not all 2,000 units in the pre Christmas market.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #19

May 2011
United Kingdom

That artwork's gorgeous.

Considering how fond Arrow is of producing written material I'm surprised they haven't branched out into publishing books independently of blu-ray releases.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Ooooh really nice set!

But not for me. Ive got Pit and Theatre already on steelbook. And I only really want The Raven on blu from the 6 there. And also I doubt it will reduce in price much being limited.

Masque of the Red Death is the other must from this time of course, shame Arrow hasnt got that.
The German release of Masque looks very nice.

http://www.amazon.de/Maske-roten-Tod...cent+price+blu
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland