Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek Beyond 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.97
10 hrs ago
Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Age of Consent (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
£9.99

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
£28.99

The Wrong Box (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Doctor Who: Twice Upon A Time (Blu-ray)
£7.79

First Man (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Georgy Girl (Blu-ray)
£14.99

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Support Your Local Sheriff (Blu-ray)
£8.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
£7.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 11-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
Expert Member

Aug 2013
United Kingdom Wow-hd

Thinking about ordering from WOW-HD. Just wondered if anyone had any experiences with their shipping times and service?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #2

Oct 2009
UK

I bought a CD from them last year and it was (to my surprise) a Hong Kong release! Apparently it's where they source a lot of their media. Order with caution if you want the UK release!

Last edited by Daz_85; 11-04-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #3
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_85 View Post
I bought a CD from them last year and it was (to my surprise) a Hong Kong release! Apparently it's where they source a lot of their media. Order with caution if you want the UK release!
They have the 100 Season 2 Blu Ray release at a nice cheap price so with that being US only release... Could be OK?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #4

Nov 2010
PL

DON'T BUY THERE.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.ie.wowhd.com

They used to be legit company based in HK, but recently they changed their catalog from UK/HK releases to US. I don't know what happened, but apparently they don't send their orders anymore.
Thanks given by:
Kamelot121 (11-04-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #5
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakf View Post
DON'T BUY THERE.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.ie.wowhd.com

They used to be legit company based in HK, but recently they changed their catalog from UK/HK releases to US. I don't know what happened, but apparently they don't send their orders anymore.
Thanks for the heads up..... I'll order with Amazon.com instead, would rather pay the extra and get it than get ripped off.....
Old 11-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Scotland

That's shocking. Never seen so many one-star reviews.

I ordered a BD from them in Sept (a Region A title) and received it without problem. Maybe I was lucky?

I ordered a couple more last week (also both RA titles) so we'll see how it goes.
Thanks given by:
Kamelot121 (11-04-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
Expert Member

Feb 2014
The Ruins of the Ex-EU

I took a chance a while ago and got a bargain steelbook from them. It did eventually turn up, but it was banged to heck, and I've heard horror stories from other people about using them so... no, I wouldn't risk it.
Thanks given by:
Kamelot121 (11-04-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #8
Expert Member

Aug 2013

The more I hear the more I'm definitely leaning towards going with Amazon....
With reviews like that I'm surprised they are still around.....
Old 11-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #9

Nov 2010
PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
I ordered a BD from them in Sept (a Region A title) and received it without problem. Maybe I was lucky?

I ordered a couple more last week (also both RA titles) so we'll see how it goes.
I don't know what to think of this now :P Some reviews mention this email from WowHD: "As of August 1st 2015 WOWHD is under new ownership. We have no control over any orders placed prior to us acquiring WOWHD. If you have yet to receive merchandise that was ordered and paid for prior to August 1st 2015 please contact your financial institution and file a claim."

This may be a total bulls***, but maybe they're still legit after all. Their browsing panel looks suspiciously similar if not identical to the one at deepdiscount/importcds.com. Maybe they were taken over by company that owns these two? That would explain change of their catalog.

I haven't bought anything from them for over a year and all of my previous orders were delivered, and they have some good deals on Region A titles, so I may give them a chance soon.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
UK

Quote:
I don't know what to think of this now :P Some reviews mention this email from WowHD: "As of August 1st 2015 WOWHD is under new ownership. We have no control over any orders placed prior to us acquiring WOWHD. If you have yet to receive merchandise that was ordered and paid for prior to August 1st 2015 please contact your financial institution and file a claim."

This may be a total bulls***, but maybe they're still legit after all. Their browsing panel looks suspiciously similar if not identical to the one at deepdiscount/importcds.com. Maybe they were taken over by company that owns these two? That would explain change of their catalog.

I haven't bought anything from them for over a year and all of my previous orders were delivered, and they have some good deals on Region A titles, so I may give them a chance soon.
Looks like it, if you go to the bottom of the page it says DirectToU LLC. The company behind deepdiscount/importcds.com and all your music
Old 11-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #11

Mar 2008

I wonder if the site changed hands a couple of times this year which won't have helped continuity? (Granted, that is mainly based on having to re-confirm my details twice with order history going both times... though I think the first switch may have been to an Australian company as the URL started automatically changing to wowhd.com.au?)
I can see how since the DirectToU switch they wouldn't have access to the same HK wholesalers for that chunk of product that used to be on there though, which included Region C BluRay as well... at the start of the year I remember there being stock issues where I ended up cancelling orders after no stock for a month or so but up to the cancellation the mails saying about the stock problems were automated so could it be possible that the auto-mails continued after one of the handovers and led to some of that negative feedback?

I personally have found service the same as using allyourmusic on Amazon just with the postage already included... hopefully that isn't just luck though
Old 11-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Wow Reading this thread I am definitely glad i went with amazon also for the Blu-Ray release of The 100 season 2. What was really weird when i registered i could not register my address there was always a pop coming up wanting me to change it to what they suggested which was just bizar. So this was in fact the reason why i went with amazon again. Never had a problem with them at all and they are probably the most legit online shop there is i think.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #13
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Are they customs friendly as I'm looking to import Scream Factory's Army of Darkness from them as with the free postage is the cheapest i have seen.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #14

Nov 2010
PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBesideArch View Post
Anyway, I've used the site a few times since the transition, and they ship fast (except when the item is on backorder, obviously), have cheaper prices than nearly anywhere I've seen, have free international shipping, and all my orders have arrived quickly too. Personally, I'd recommend them... but then again, perhaps I've just got lucky...
Their prices of Warner Archives BDs are just too good to pass up, with free worldwide shipping no one else comes close if you're overseas buyer. I took a chance yesterday and today received an email that my order has shipped. Fingers crossed
Old 11-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Their prices of Warner Archives BDs are just too good to pass up, with free worldwide shipping no one else comes close if you're overseas buyer. I took a chance yesterday and today received an email that my order has shipped. Fingers crossed
Post your story here please. I spot 3 kino titles under 11 delivered which is almost like buy two get one free compared to prices elsewhere
Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #16

Oct 2015
Birmingham UK

I've used them a few times over the last 6 months and not had any problems, they're pretty quick and have decent prices for Criterion and Scream Factory discs pretty regularly. As mentioned above they're owned by the same people as All Your Music so I felt better about ordering from them after being dubious initially.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboyennis View Post
I've used them a few times over the last 6 months and not had any problems, they're pretty quick and have decent prices for Criterion and Scream Factory discs pretty regularly. As mentioned above they're owned by the same people as All Your Music so I felt better about ordering from them after being dubious initially.
I have always found All Your Music very reliable but have only bought from them via other platforms such as Amazon Marketplace, ebay and Rakuten so you do have an extra level of protection from them.

Have never needed it though, and only time I had a problem which was many years ago on an order placed via Amazon Marketplace they resent a lost shipment although I had to wait a month for them to consider it lost.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Scotland

One of my orders turned up today.

Expect the other two later next week.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011

Quote:
Please let us know how and when it arrives, eying myself on a purchase from that site (The 100 season 2) but hearing so much bad things, I really would like to see some positive reviews.... Luckily I read here some positive comments about WOW-HD, which is about the only place till now.

Last edited by MarcelS1; 11-08-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #20

Nov 2010
PL

My BD just arrived It took just under 2 weeks, so a standard shipping time from US to eastern Europe. Looks like all is fine with WowHD after all
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland