Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.70

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Dark Knight 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Downsizing 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Flash Gordon 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
23 hrs ago
Star Trek Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pitch Black 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Spartacus 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
INXS: Live Baby Live 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.28

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Old 02-28-2016, 03:17 AM   #1

Jan 2010
Default Getting odd HDCP 2.2 error message at startup?

I noticed in the blu-ray.com review of the first UHD discs that they got the same error I'm getting.

I got a Samsung UN55JU7100 TV, the Samsung UBD-K8500 player and a Yamaha RX-V479BL receiver with a clearly marked HDCP 2.2 HDMI port.

The review said to switch the HDMI port to "enhanced" instead of "standard" but for the life of me I cannot find that setting anywhere on the TV.

I get the error message right when I begin a movie and only appears for maybe three seconds. I assume it's playing in 4K... I've watched The Martian and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and both times I get that error, just makes me uneasy that some setting or cable is out of place.

Firmware is all up to date too, any ideas?
Old 02-28-2016, 04:02 AM   #2

Sep 2009
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToTNA View Post
I noticed in the blu-ray.com review of the first UHD discs that they got the same error I'm getting.

I got a Samsung UN55JU7100 TV, the Samsung UBD-K8500 player and a Yamaha RX-V479BL receiver with a clearly marked HDCP 2.2 HDMI port.

The review said to switch the HDMI port to "enhanced" instead of "standard" but for the life of me I cannot find that setting anywhere on the TV.

I get the error message right when I begin a movie and only appears for maybe three seconds. I assume it's playing in 4K... I've watched The Martian and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and both times I get that error, just makes me uneasy that some setting or cable is out of place.

Firmware is all up to date too, any ideas?
Hi I'm running on a Sony xbr65x850b and a Denon 910 avr which is HDCP 2.2 compliant too. I got the same message as well and then right after that it switched back to UHD. I tested both cables directly to the tv and didn't get that message, it only happens when I go through the avr. I contacted Denon to let them know about it too, they had no info for me either. So I have since gone to the tv directly and routed the other hdmi to the avr for audio only. At least until I hear this has been taken care of. Thanks for sharing your dilemma, its good to know I'm not the only one this happening to.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:10 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

I've gotten it a few times. In fact, it happened several times last night when I was testing out some of the WB UHD discs. In most instances, it still winds up playing the movie in 4K. I think there's only been one occasion where it didn't and that was with The Martian. A simple reboot of the player fixed it.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:15 AM   #4

Nov 2016
Default Possible solution

I know it's an old thread but if someone else stumbles upon this issue the following may be of help:

I too was having this problem even with a direct connection between the Blu Ray player (UBD-K8500) and the TV (UN55JU7100). I couldn't tell if if it was the TV or the player reporting the error, now I know it was from the player after reading the original post. I contacted Samsung and they suggested that I use the HDMI/ARC #4 input on the TV (even though all four inputs are HDCP 2.2!) . I also set the player resolution to Auto and on the TV there are settings for HDMI UHD Color on/off for each of the four inputs, I made sure they were all on. The last two settings I had done some time ago, so really it was the change to the ARC input that stopped the error message even though the ARC feature is off. Funny thing though is the TV has always reported back it was in fact playing 4K w/HDMI UHD Color even with the intermittent error message.

I used the second HDMI (audio only) from the Player to my Yamaha receiver, unfortunately my receiver doesn't support HDCP 2.2 so even though I was getting 4K, I wasn't getting the UHD but I never got the error message with that setup! Odd
Thanks given by:
Carlos2992 (11-30-2016)
Old 08-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #5

Aug 2018
Default Same Boat

I own a Yamaha RX-A730 Home Theatre System (4k compatible), a Samsung TV and blu-ray player, both 4 compatible. Today, I played the Infinity War 4K UHD disc and saw the same message.

In regards to "ENHANCE," I found it on the Yamaha and not on the TV settings.

It drives my crazy.

My Amazon Fire TV is always on 3840 x 2160 x 60 pixels

My Dish TV and blu-ray are on 3840 x 2160 x 24 pixels

So that could be it. Try it on the Yamaha.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:14 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4moviefreaks View Post
I own a Yamaha RX-A730 Home Theatre System (4k compatible), a Samsung TV and blu-ray player, both 4 compatible. Today, I played the Infinity War 4K UHD disc and saw the same message.

In regards to "ENHANCE," I found it on the Yamaha and not on the TV settings.

It drives my crazy.

My Amazon Fire TV is always on 3840 x 2160 x 60 pixels

My Dish TV and blu-ray are on 3840 x 2160 x 24 pixels

So that could be it. Try it on the Yamaha.
Look at reviews for your Samsung TV model to see if it does HDR, as the one the OP was discussing (UN55JU7100) doesn't support HDR.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology