Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$35.95
5 hrs ago
The Lost Boys 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
 
The Halloween 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$104.99
 
The Last Detail 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.35
1 day ago
Red Dawn 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Green Lantern: Beware My Power 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.79
1 day ago
Dog Soldiers 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.89
1 day ago
Lost Highway 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$64.78
 
The Return of the Living Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Starship Troopers 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.55
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-31-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
Pieter V Pieter V is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Pieter V's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
The Netherlands
1
14
Warner Bros Dune 4K UHD (2021)


He who controls the spice, controls the universe





Dune (2021) 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray Pain Box HMV? Amazon? Both seen to have the same EAN

Dune 4K Blu-ray (& , , )

Dune 4K Blu-ray (& , , ) Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray w/ Mini Poster

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K + 3D Blu-ray

Dune 4K + 3D Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K + 3D Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray Manta Lab 44p Digibook

Dune 4K + 3D Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K + 3D Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K + 3D Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray Steelbook

Dune 4K Blu-ray

Dune 4K Blu-ray









Last edited by Deciazulado; 08-09-2022 at 12:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
0din (11-12-2021), andreasy969 (08-31-2021), Bielzgt20 (08-31-2021), brownstones19 (10-26-2021), CANUCKS FAN (08-31-2021), dav-here (01-22-2022), Fakejb (09-06-2021), Fjodor2000 (08-31-2021), hagios (08-31-2021), HD Goofnut (08-31-2021), hollisesco (08-31-2021), jerclay (08-31-2021), jFug (09-01-2021), Juan127 (08-31-2021), Koolice (10-29-2021), Lionel Horsepackage (08-31-2021), Majoran (09-02-2021), Matt Murdock (08-31-2021), Matt_Murdock (12-06-2021), Maximux (08-31-2021), Nitroboy (09-17-2021), shoshin2727 (11-23-2021), SpaceMind (10-25-2021), Spooked (10-29-2021), Sulaiman3421 (08-31-2021), TauHeel05 (08-31-2021), tezster (09-26-2021), TheDarkBlueNight (08-31-2021), tonylopez (09-03-2021), vector72 (08-31-2021), VMeran (09-03-2021), Wes_k089 (09-14-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
102
476
2038
104
653
885
599
133
38
Default

I'll be blind buying. My kids would not make it at theater with this one.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fakejb (09-06-2021), in2video2 (12-28-2021), Juan127 (08-31-2021), Wes_k089 (09-14-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
Snicket Snicket is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
234
811
1
56
Default

In for the BBY Steelbook.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fakejb (09-06-2021), TolerancEJ (10-20-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:16 PM   #4
Fjodor2000 Fjodor2000 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2019
Default

Not so unexpected that we'd get this on 4K BD given the $165M budget, but still nice!

Also, the Indian Amazon listing now says:
"This title will be released around January 31, 2022"

Last edited by Fjodor2000; 08-31-2021 at 02:22 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:21 PM   #5
Matt Murdock Matt Murdock is offline
Senior Member
 
Matt Murdock's Avatar
 
Nov 2015
32
366
1130
18
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fakejb (09-06-2021), jFug (09-01-2021), Juan127 (08-31-2021), Lionel Horsepackage (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:31 PM   #6
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
somewhere
110
110
37
Default

Yes pls

Also in for the future One click
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:52 PM   #7
Maximux Maximux is offline
Senior Member
 
Maximux's Avatar
 
Jul 2020
Canada
Default

Yes yes yes!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:38 PM   #8
harry o harry o is offline
Active Member
 
harry o's Avatar
 
Dec 2020
Default

Looks like a modern "star wars poster"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:29 PM   #9
unberechenbar unberechenbar is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
May 2021
USA
5
147
147
146
2
Default

Yes! Definitely getting this one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:43 PM   #10
Mierzwiak Mierzwiak is offline
Banned
 
Feb 2015
187
321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Looks like a modern "star wars poster"
Aren't most posters like that these days?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
brownstones19 (10-26-2021), Wes_k089 (09-14-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 06:52 PM   #11
Fjodor2000 Fjodor2000 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2019
Default

Is the story the same for Dune 2021 as Dune 1984, so watching the latter will spoil the former?

Storyline for Dune 1984 & 2021 from IMDB:
[Show spoiler]
Dune 1984:
Short: "A Duke's son leads desert warriors against the galactic emperor and his father's evil nemesis to free their desert world from the emperor's rule."
Long: "In the distant year of 10191, all the planets of the known Universe are under the control of Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV and the most important commodity in the Universe is a substance called the spice "MELANGE" which is said to have the power of extending life, expanding the consciousness and even to "fold space" ; being able to travel to any distance without physically moving. This spice "MELANGE" is said to only be produced in the desert planet of Arrakis, where the FREMEN people have the prophecy of a man who will lead them to true freedom. This "desert planet"of Arrakis is also known as DUNE. A secret report of the space "GUILD" talks about some circumstances and plans that could jeopardize the production of "SPICE" with four planets involved: ARRAKIS, CALADAN, GIEDI PRIME and KAITAIN, a world at least visually very alike to Earth and house of the Emperor of the known Universe. The "GUILD" sends a third stage navigator to KAITAIN to ask details from the Emperor and to demand him the killing of young Paul Atreides, son of the Duke Leto Atreides of CALADAN."

Dune 2021:
Short: "Feature adaptation of Frank Herbert's science fiction novel, about the son of a noble family entrusted with the protection of the most valuable asset and most vital element in the galaxy."
Long: "A mythic and emotionally charged hero's journey, "Dune" tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet's exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence-a commodity capable of unlocking humanity's greatest potential-only those who can conquer their fear will survive. ."


Not sure what to make of that with regards to resemblance?

NOTE: No spoilers if responding please!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:54 PM   #12
Snicket Snicket is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
234
811
1
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjodor2000 View Post
Is the story the same for Dune 2021 as Dune 1984, so watching the latter will spoil the former?

Storyline for Dune 1984 & 2021 from IMDB:
[Show spoiler]
Dune 1984:
Short: "A Duke's son leads desert warriors against the galactic emperor and his father's evil nemesis to free their desert world from the emperor's rule."
Long: "In the distant year of 10191, all the planets of the known Universe are under the control of Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV and the most important commodity in the Universe is a substance called the spice "MELANGE" which is said to have the power of extending life, expanding the consciousness and even to "fold space" ; being able to travel to any distance without physically moving. This spice "MELANGE" is said to only be produced in the desert planet of Arrakis, where the FREMEN people have the prophecy of a man who will lead them to true freedom. This "desert planet"of Arrakis is also known as DUNE. A secret report of the space "GUILD" talks about some circumstances and plans that could jeopardize the production of "SPICE" with four planets involved: ARRAKIS, CALADAN, GIEDI PRIME and KAITAIN, a world at least visually very alike to Earth and house of the Emperor of the known Universe. The "GUILD" sends a third stage navigator to KAITAIN to ask details from the Emperor and to demand him the killing of young Paul Atreides, son of the Duke Leto Atreides of CALADAN."

Dune 2021:
Short: "Feature adaptation of Frank Herbert's science fiction novel, about the son of a noble family entrusted with the protection of the most valuable asset and most vital element in the galaxy."
Long: "A mythic and emotionally charged hero's journey, "Dune" tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet's exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence-a commodity capable of unlocking humanity's greatest potential-only those who can conquer their fear will survive. ."


Not sure what to make of that with regards to resemblance?

NOTE: No spoilers if responding please!
From what I understand the 2021 film only covers part of the book, and the Lynch film covers the entire book.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:54 PM   #13
dallywhitty dallywhitty is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
The Macroverse
128
1283
186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjodor2000 View Post
Is the story the same for Dune 2021 as Dune 1984, so watching the latter will spoil the former?
The new film covers the first half of the novel. So yes, watching the Lynch adaptation will 'spoil' the upcoming film (as well as Dune Part 2, assuming it gets made) if you really want to go into it knowing as little as possible.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (08-31-2021), in2video2 (12-28-2021), Juan127 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 06:55 PM   #14
Gacivory Gacivory is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Gacivory's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California
444
2685
148
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjodor2000 View Post
Is the story the same for Dune 2021 as Dune 1984, so watching the latter will spoil the former?

Storyline for Dune 1984 & 2021 from IMDB:
[Show spoiler]
Dune 1984:
Short: "A Duke's son leads desert warriors against the galactic emperor and his father's evil nemesis to free their desert world from the emperor's rule."
Long: "In the distant year of 10191, all the planets of the known Universe are under the control of Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV and the most important commodity in the Universe is a substance called the spice "MELANGE" which is said to have the power of extending life, expanding the consciousness and even to "fold space" ; being able to travel to any distance without physically moving. This spice "MELANGE" is said to only be produced in the desert planet of Arrakis, where the FREMEN people have the prophecy of a man who will lead them to true freedom. This "desert planet"of Arrakis is also known as DUNE. A secret report of the space "GUILD" talks about some circumstances and plans that could jeopardize the production of "SPICE" with four planets involved: ARRAKIS, CALADAN, GIEDI PRIME and KAITAIN, a world at least visually very alike to Earth and house of the Emperor of the known Universe. The "GUILD" sends a third stage navigator to KAITAIN to ask details from the Emperor and to demand him the killing of young Paul Atreides, son of the Duke Leto Atreides of CALADAN."

Dune 2021:
Short: "Feature adaptation of Frank Herbert's science fiction novel, about the son of a noble family entrusted with the protection of the most valuable asset and most vital element in the galaxy."
Long: "A mythic and emotionally charged hero's journey, "Dune" tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet's exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence-a commodity capable of unlocking humanity's greatest potential-only those who can conquer their fear will survive. ."


Not sure what to make of that with regards to resemblance?

NOTE: No spoilers if responding please!
Thatís crazy, itís almost as if they are based on the same book. Dune (2021) is based on half the book. Dune (1984) is an adaptation of the whole book.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Wes_k089 (09-14-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 07:02 PM   #15
Juan127 Juan127 is offline
Senior Member
 
Juan127's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Palm Beach, Fl
Default

I am excited
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:06 PM   #16
dallywhitty dallywhitty is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
The Macroverse
128
1283
186
Default

I hope everybody puts their money where their mouth is and supports this when it hits the big screen.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jFug (09-01-2021), Lionel Horsepackage (08-31-2021), Maximux (09-04-2021), Steve_Hun (09-06-2021), The Fat Fish (10-25-2021), wafi (09-19-2021), Wes_k089 (09-14-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 07:19 PM   #17
Juan127 Juan127 is offline
Senior Member
 
Juan127's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Palm Beach, Fl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I hope everybody puts their money where their mouth is and supports this when it hits the big screen.
I will be purchasing tickets to the IMAX Theatre at the Museum of Discovery and Science in Ft.Lauderdale Florida USA Earth when they become available.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (09-01-2021), Lionel Horsepackage (08-31-2021), wafi (09-19-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 07:19 PM   #18
Fjodor2000 Fjodor2000 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
From what I understand the 2021 film only covers part of the book, and the Lynch film covers the entire book.
Sets it up for a Dune 2 in 202x to cover the second half of the book.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:23 PM   #19
Snicket Snicket is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
234
811
1
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjodor2000 View Post
Sets it up for a Dune 2 in 202x to cover the second half of the book.
Thatís the plan at least.

He is also working on a HBO Max series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:38 PM   #20
Fjodor2000 Fjodor2000 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2019
Default

You mean Denis Villeneuve?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 4K Ultra HD > 4K Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:02 PM.