Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
$11.26
5 hrs ago
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.91

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$25.31

Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
$12.10

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
$36.75

DuckTales - Remastered (PS3)
$12.88

Disney Infinity 3.0 - Star Wars (PS3)
$26.29

Saints Row IV (PS3)
$19.80

Escape Dead Island (PS3)
$12.45

Alien: Isolation (PS3)
$49.99

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3)
$49.99

Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3)
$19.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio
Default PSN Trophy Error - 80022D11

Anyone having issues with trophies? For some reason mine is all messed up. For some reason its not synching with the server. Its been doing this since yesterday. I get an error code: (80022D11).

This suck as I logged into LBP this morning to hopefully publish my level and it states that its been used by another player and will not load and I need to delete my save files.

I decided to hold off on that as I've put a lot of time into them. So I decided to play Dead Space. It goes to the main screen and after I hit the start button the trophy synch starts and then halfway through it stops and states: 'Please exit Dead Space'.

I've read a few posts on other forums and a few recommend backing up my saves and formating my hard drive, but I didn't have enough time before work this morning. Though not all had 100% success rate.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
QC, Canada

I don't see how it could help to format and put back the backup... if your files are corrupted putting it back they will be corrupted again... as for the trophies its odd because they are attached to the PSN ID not to the hard drive... anyway it can not heart to try
Old 10-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsavoie View Post
I don't see how it could help to format and put back the backup... if your files are corrupted putting it back they will be corrupted again... as for the trophies its odd because they are attached to the PSN ID not to the hard drive... anyway it can not heart to try
The oddest thing too is that when I turned on my PS3 I had to re-download my Home theme as the file was corrupted.

I wonder if there is a PSN worm going around.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
H-town To Indy PSNetwork: HERETOWRECK Trophy Level: (12)

yeah I got a question in relation to this as well ... which would be some good info for ya to mike if we get the answer...

so I had to my back up my system ... but it told me doing this wont back up your trophies ... and to back them up under the trophies section .... I didnt see anythign aroudn there to back them up ... am I missing something?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBLUballz View Post
yeah I got a question in relation to this as well ... which would be some good info for ya to mike if we get the answer...

so I had to my back up my system ... but it told me doing this wont back up your trophies ... and to back them up under the trophies section .... I didnt see anythign aroudn there to back them up ... am I missing something?
Hrm...I'm hoping all that means is that basically when you are backing up its saying its not being saved to your USB therefore you cannot transfer it to another system. Technically you are only backing up whats saved on your hard drive and from what I've read trophys aren't on them, but on the PSN.

Though at the same time, why would reformating my hard drive and keeping my saved files resolve my issue, lol?

EDIT: When they say back them up on the trophy section, perhaps they are referring to synching your trophys to the PSN.

Last edited by Marine Mike; 10-28-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Irving, TX PSNetwork: Xerios
Send a message via AIM to Xerios Send a message via MSN to Xerios

i had this error once, its because too many wireless things were on my router and the ps3 told me to piss off, shut down some other shit in ur house restart the ps3, re configure ur internet connection and try and sync again

lemme kno if that helps, if not im sorry marine mike youre still my hero though rofl
Old 10-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerios View Post
i had this error once, its because too many wireless things were on my router and the ps3 told me to piss off, shut down some other shit in ur house restart the ps3, re configure ur internet connection and try and sync again

lemme kno if that helps, if not im sorry marine mike youre still my hero though rofl
Hrm...thats definately a possibility as I do have a lot of wireless shit in my house.

Hopefully that'll resolve my issue as I really do not want to have to reinstall EVERYTHING, let alone possibly deleting all my game saves.

Oh and you are my hero!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #8

Jul 2008

You shouldn't have to install everything. Your trophys are connected with you PSN account not what you have on the hard drive.

For example, if you get every trophy in a certain game and then delete that game do you think you'll delete your trophys as well? NO, your safe.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #9
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Well here are the facts:

-Trophys are stored on the PSN
-Your hard drive has trophys saved on it or else it wouldn't have to synch with the PSN.

Though the big question is where are those trophys saved? I highly doubt they are in the save files. Perhaps thats why reformating my hard drive would work because it would wipe that information clear and resynch with the network.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
QC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Mike View Post
Well here are the facts:

-Your hard drive has trophys saved on it or else it wouldn't have to synch with the PSN.

Though the big question is where are those trophys saved? I highly doubt they are in the save files. Perhaps thats why reformating my hard drive would work because it would wipe that information clear and resynch with the network.
It makes sens. So it could work if you only backup your games saved (not a full backup of the hard drive)
Old 10-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsavoie View Post
It makes sens. So it could work if you only backup your games saved (not a full backup of the hard drive)
I just thought of it. It could be saved to your profile! Man, I wish that Sony would devulge some information regarding this topic, but then people would use the information to their advantage and try to screw the system mabye?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Quote:
Well here are the facts:

I wonder what would happen if you logged on to the PSN on another PS3?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Kid View Post
I wonder what would happen if you logged on to the PSN on another PS3?
nothing

username is stored on cache memory, when u wipe out or even add a new hard drive, the OS stays on the ps3 and so does your username. you just lose stuff you downloaded and added etc.. trophies are probably hidden locked encrypted data somewhere..

so your issue is that you unlocked the trophies (be it online or offline) and when u try to sync it so that they show on your gamercard it fails u.... try my idea when u get home.. assuming your at work
Old 10-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #14
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Yeah I'm at work now. I leave work in 2 hours, so I'll definately be trying all of these when I get back. Hopefully its just as simple as what Xerios suggests as I really dislike having to use any sort of backup when it regards to electronics.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008

post back tonight... ill see you online later... i think im buying LBP today... we can boost trophies..
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #16
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Alright I did the whole restarting all my electrical equipment and that didn't work. So now I'm backing up my data and then I'm going to format it.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #17
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Okay, after I formated my hard drive I no longer received the error when synching.

Now I am restorting my hard drive to its previous state, so hopefully I will not have this same issue as I believe that its possible that it was purely my trophy data saved on my hard drive got corrupted somehow. Will not be sure until my system finishes restoring and synch back up.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #18
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Well after restoring my previous restoration it technically worked, I was able to synch with no error message.

1 problem:

ALL MY ****ING TROPHYS DISAPPEARED!

So I immeadiately re-formated my PS3 and now I am resynching my trophys which takes approx 10 minutes if you start from scratch. Lets hope that my trophys have remained. Thank goodness I backed up my save files seperately.

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 10-28-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: censor bypass
Old 10-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #19
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Well, I ended up doing what I was trying not to do and thats delete my LBP data. It still gave me the error message that the save file has been used by someone else's account and I could no longer use trophys.

So I deleted my saved game data and it reset my trophys to 0% for LBP.

Bright side is that gettin trophys in LBP is extremely easy, downside is that I have to recreate my level.

Oh and I have to collect ALL the stickers again.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Quote:
Well, I ended up doing what I was trying not to do and thats delete my LBP data. It still gave me the error message that the save file has been used by someone else's account and I could no longer use trophys.

So I deleted my saved game data and it reset my trophys to 0% for LBP.

Bright side is that gettin trophys in LBP is extremely easy, downside is that I have to recreate my level.

Oh and I have to collect ALL the stickers again.

Ouch - sorry to hear that man.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3