Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£35.00
1 hr ago
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
£35.00

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£39.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£57.99

Luca 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
1 hr ago
Hammer House of Horror: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£14.90
1 hr ago
Wonder Woman 1984 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.00

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£57.99

The Matrix Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K (Blu-ray)
£10.00

Luca (Blu-ray)
£9.99
14 hrs ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich
United Kingdom MUBI Releases on Blu-ray and DVD

Titles released by MUBI - distributed as exclusives to their streaming platform

https://mubi.com/specials/mubi-releases
https://releases.mubi.com/

Releases by other labels

[BD]

Last edited by CelestialAgent; 11-30-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Thanks given by:
DefLeppard (08-30-2020), Mth (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
Power Member

Dec 2012
UK

I have Sakamoto Coda on DVD but would love it in blu ray.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenexus6 View Post
I have Sakamoto Coda on DVD but would love it in blu ray.
Is the DVD barebones?
Old 08-30-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
Power Member

Dec 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialAgent View Post
Is the DVD barebones?

Yeah pretty much just the film if I remember correctly.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Suspiria was great, and I plan on picking up both Bacurau and Ema at some point (and maybe Under the Silver Lake, which I wasn't sure about but could see myself watching again eventually). Was tempted by Border and found a copy in Oxfam but was waiting for them to drop the price and I reckon they did 'cause it wasn't there the next time I came in to find it.

I wonder what they'll release next? I was thinking they might do Herzog's Family Romance LLC next, or perhaps go back and release Madeline's Madeline (surprised they didn't, I wonder why in fact). If I could pick one they didn't release on home video though, I'd get Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot which was lovely and definitely a highlight of Gus Van Sant's output in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Suspiria was great, and I plan on picking up both Bacurau and Ema at some point (and maybe Under the Silver Lake, which I wasn't sure about but could see myself watching again eventually). Was tempted by Border and found a copy in Oxfam but was waiting for them to drop the price and I reckon they did 'cause it wasn't there the next time I came in to find it.

I wonder what they'll release next? I was thinking they might do Herzog's Family Romance LLC next, or perhaps go back and release Madeline's Madeline (surprised they didn't, I wonder why in fact). If I could pick one they didn't release on home video though, I'd get Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot which was lovely and definitely a highlight of Gus Van Sant's output in my opinion.
Family Romance LLC is actually distributed by Modern Films over here, even though it premiered on MUBI. But most Herzog besides Into the Inferno ends up on disc.

The best region B edition of Don’t Worry seems to be Metropolitan’s French release: no forced subs and an exclusive Q&A, but I’ve not found any in depth reviews.

Last edited by CelestialAgent; 08-30-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Suspiria was great, and I plan on picking up both Bacurau and Ema at some point (and maybe Under the Silver Lake, which I wasn't sure about but could see myself watching again eventually).
Don't buy MUBI's Suspiria release. The MUBI BD has terrible DNR... (If you already bought it, no it's not great.)
Old 08-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Family Romance LLC is actually distributed by Modern Films over here, even though it premiered on MUBI. But most Herzog besides Into the Inferno ends up on disc.
Ah, I thought it was a co-release of some sort (listed here as a MUBI release). I started watching it when it was premiered for free on MUBI but fell asleep (working throughout lockdown has me burned out).

A shame we don't have Into the Inferno on BD, that's one of my favourites of his recent docs. Looking forward to his next one, Fireball, but that's gonna be on Apple+ so even less likely to get a BD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
Don't buy MUBI's Suspiria release. The MUBI BD has terrible DNR... (If you already bought it, no it's not great.)
Too late, I already did! And it looked alright to me but I have admittedly been watching BDs on my laptop these days since I don't own a telly. I guess I will notice sometime in the future!

By the way, I meant the film was great. People can argue over presentation or encoding 'til the sun goes down.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Too late, I already did! And it looked alright to me but I have admittedly been watching BDs on my laptop these days since I don't own a telly. I guess I will notice sometime in the future!

By the way, I meant the film was great. People can argue over presentation or encoding 'til the sun goes down.
Ah, gotcha. I bought the MUBI as well, because all the other releases had its own issues, but pq wise MUBI was the worst choice. I did report about my MUBI disappointment and posted some caps here back then, but the imagehoster appears to be dead now: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=55
Old 08-30-2020, 05:14 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
Ah, gotcha. I bought the MUBI as well, because all the other releases had its own issues, but pq wise MUBI was the worst choice.
It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a good release with the original subtitles.

I finished my subtitles reconstruction in Advanced SubStation Alpha format today. Has frame perfect timing to German BD. Typesetting/size/positioning is not completely identical, but close enough imo. Subtitles can be converted to Blu-ray subs with avisynth + avs2bdnxml, but some lines may need to be retimed to prevent timing issues on Blu-ray players.

Reconstructed subs with German BD video

Original subs

German BD subs with wrong colors and transparent red border

Last edited by NLScavenger; 08-30-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 05:59 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLScavenger View Post
It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a good release with the original subtitles.

I finished my subtitles reconstruction in Advanced SubStation Alpha format today. Has frame perfect timing to German BD. Typesetting/size/positioning is not completely identical, but close enough imo. Subtitles can be converted to Blu-ray subs with avisynth + avs2bdnxml, but some lines may need to be retimed to prevent timing issues on Blu-ray players.

[Show spoiler]Reconstructed subs with German BD video

Original subs

German BD subs with wrong colors and transparent red border
Nice. Koch BD with proper subs would be best indeed I guess.

I have to admit that I didn't watch the movie yet, so don't know yet if the MUBI will do (in regard to the movie I mean) or if I might even kindly ask you for those subs and get my hands on the Koch (guess I'd also buy the UHD combo then). Not really a HTPC guy though...

Re. the MUBI being "terrible", that's obviously also some hyperbole on my part and it is watchable, but I noticed the scrubbed away grain right away, which is also why I didn't watch it yet. I was annoyed and it went into the shelf for viewing at a later date. And .. well .. yeah.

Last edited by andreasy969; 08-30-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #12

Jul 2015
Shropshire, United Kingdom

Any info on Matthias and Maxime?
Old 08-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCrayola View Post
Any info on Matthias and Maxime?
I was reading this thread earlier. eOne put out a region free Blu-ray in Canada in June, with English subtitles and subtitled deleted scenes.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=329143
Thanks given by:
MasterCrayola (08-31-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 12:49 AM   #14

Jul 2015
Shropshire, United Kingdom

Amazon have Matthias and Maxime listed for 19th October, apparently a region free release. The Other Lamb is due the week after also but only a DVD is listed for now.
Thanks given by:
CelestialAgent (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCrayola View Post
Amazon have Matthias and Maxime listed for 19th October, apparently a region free release. The Other Lamb is due the week after also but only a DVD is listed for now.
It’s been so long since Dolan hit a UK Blu-ray, unless you want to count It Chapter 2: his starring role in Boy Erased was DVD only, and John F. Donovan was never released ovee here - the best option is the Italian release from Lucky Red. But then, most of his films over here are DVD only besides Tom at the Farm (barebones) and It’s Only the End of the World. Hopefully this will retain the extras and I’ll buy it day one.

Raffey Cassidy was great in Vox Lux, so The Other Lamb might be a great watch.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Quote:
I was reading this thread earlier. eOne put out a region free Blu-ray in Canada in June, with English subtitles and subtitled deleted scenes.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=329143
The UK Blu-ray lists a Q&A with Dolan under the extras. It streamed alongside the film - MUBI lists the runtime as 130 minutes (vs. 119 minutes the film itself) - so it should run around 11 minutes.

Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda is getting a US Blu-ray from Kino (in associate with MUBI). Kino have already released a few YouTube Originals titled too.

Last edited by CelestialAgent; 09-09-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Can anyone comment on their release of Beanpole?
Old 11-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #18

Oct 2016
-
-
-

Might be old news but it looks like Godard's Image Book and Ildiko Enyedi's On Body and Soul are next.

Both are older MUBI releases, which might mean a good chance of getting some other older titles (I'd be keen on Knife and Heart and Have a Nice Day)
Thanks given by:
CelestialAgent (11-03-2020), Foggy (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 10:15 AM   #19
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Can anyone comment on their release of Beanpole?
I had planned to buy this but cancelled because it appears the MUBI disc has no extras at all. The Kino US BD apparently has an interview with the director, although I can't find out how long it is:

Old 11-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2015
Norwich

Hope The Image Book has some extras like the Kino

Quote:
Interview with producer and DP Fabrice Aragno (30:33)
Conversation with researcher/critic Nicole Brenez at the 2019 International Film Festival Rotterdam (98:33)
But just being able to own streaming films on disc is enough
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland