Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
16 hrs ago
The Great Gatsby 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
1 hr ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$157.50
1 day ago
World of Wong Kar Wai (Blu-ray)
$159.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$81.99

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$7.50
13 hrs ago
Groundhog Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Silicon Valley: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$9.96
12 hrs ago
Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.79
20 hrs ago
Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.47
8 hrs ago
Accepted (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Love and Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.32

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
Special Member

May 2009
In my own world !

Just noticed that too. Was waiting for this review to come out a long time and just ordered it. Think I can live with this quality
Old 12-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

WOW 4 stars for PQ - Beats me. WOW indeed..LOL
Old 12-31-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

I have not seen this yet. Need to rent it out and then decide on buying.

User reviews does not look like they match with Bluray.com review of 4 stars for PQ.

Are these titles from a different production batch?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
Special Member

Nov 2008
Edmonton, AB
Unhappy

Other members are reviewed sucks because just an opinion.
I was upset, their member review bashing PQ and AQ by EROS.

Blu-ray.com offical reviewed Lage Raho Munna Bhai on blu-ray, The judge is right more accurate on PQ and AQ.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

I am surprised to see that no reviewer commented on the video levels issue on both Partner and Bhool Bhulaiya. I think Eros has corrected the issue on the new batches and the reviewers used the new discs.

From what I have seen on the old disc with RGB conversion, they look really nice. I am going to rent the Munnabhai one and post my review.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 01-03-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: qte
Old 12-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opips2 View Post
Other members are reviewed sucks because just an opinion.
I was upset, their member review bashing PQ and AQ by EROS.

Blu-ray.com offical reviewed Lage Raho Munna Bhai on blu-ray, The judge is right more accurate on PQ and AQ.
What are you talking about? Where do I start..Upconverted DVD and not 1080p material, washed out picture, lip sync issues..I can go on and on. Call a spade a spade.

FYI - At least most of the members in this forum has nothing against EROS or any other Indian companies........

Not sure why are you upset about members bashing EROS. Ofcourse, if the quality is bad, folks are going to call it out. SAY WHAT YOU SEE.

Last edited by kailashu; 12-31-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
Special Member

May 2009
In my own world !

I understand that there are so many users here who do not agree with the quality of this one and hence they dont want to buy it. On the other hand users like me will enjoy what is in hand rather than waiting for something to happen out of thin air.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #8

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion83 View Post
I understand that there are so many users here who do not agree with the quality of this one and hence they dont want to buy it. On the other hand users like me will enjoy what is in hand rather than waiting for something to happen out of thin air.
That is my approach. I've enjoyed this disc and I'm happy to have it on blu-ray.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #9
Special Member

Mar 2008

I could have sworn there were several posts criticising this review, they are now gone. I had noticed such dissapearance of posts earlier too but was not sure if I was imagining things. Does anyone know if this censorship is common across the whole forum, or is just limited to the 'Region C' section?
Old 01-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #10

Jul 2009
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
I could have sworn there were several posts criticising this review, they are now gone. I had noticed such dissapearance of posts earlier too but was not sure if I was imagining things. Does anyone know if this censorship is common across the whole forum, or is just limited to the 'Region C' section?
i can attest, my post was deleted,

not that i give a damn,

you guys probably know, what i may have written.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vveksuvarna View Post
i can attest, my post was deleted,

not that i give a damn,

you guys probably know, what i may have written.
I must admit that this is strange as my post is deleted as well and for what?
The forum is for users and they should have the right to say what they feel about any disc.

People in other forums in this site and many other have critisized the gladiator blu ray and posts didn't get deleted there.

I personally enjoyed the Partner and Bhool Bhulaiya disc but i know the disc issues as well.

I would request the moderators to give reasons before deleting any post except ones which are really bad.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
I must admit that this is strange as my post is deleted as well and for what?
The forum is for users and they should have the right to say what they feel about any disc.

People in other forums in this site and many other have critisized the gladiator blu ray and posts didn't get deleted there.
Atleast to me, it seems that the 'Region C' section of this forum is treated differently and or held to a different standard than the rest of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
I would request the moderators to give reasons before deleting any post except ones which are really bad.
Post deletion or censorship of any kind is seriously frowned upon and resorted to only in very rare and extreme cases on most forums. Also, common courtesy and professionalism dictates that the person who's post is being deleted or edited, be atleast notified and be told the reason for it. If nothing else, this way atleast the person knows what part of their post was found offensive enough to merit deletion or editing. I personally, have never posted anything different from what I have posted on many other, home theater and non home theater related, forums. Not once has a post of mine been deleted or edited on any other forum, let alone my being suspended or banned for the same.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Post deletion or censorship of any kind is seriously frowned upon and resorted to only in very rare and extreme cases on most forums.
And so is inciting fights, which was one of the key reasons why our administrator delivered a set of specific rules and regulation to be followed in the Region-C section. They are at the very top of the page. Please read them.

Your posts as well as a couple of other posts were deleted by the administrator for a good reason. Statements such as this one:

Quote:
its pointless waiting for "the official review" for region C.

you know, they are all gonna get 4 stars +

even if its a eros release.
...which was preceded by a series of sarcastic posts/attacks in another thread by the same member do not help us sustain the type of environment we hope to have in the Region-C section. And, in case it is not clear, it is one thing to be critical, yet it is an entirely different matter to personally attack staff members (which is exactly what has happened here, considering when and where these posts were produced) or bash producers and/or content providers.

Finally, as I mentioned elsewhere, contrary to what a few active members seem to believe, the Region-C forum is open to everyone to contribute and discuss Blu-ray releases and films that are being released in the territories it covers. It will not be a battleground, and it most certainly won't be a platform for constant bashing of staff members, producers and content providers these posters believe have to meet their personal expectations/standards. Simply put, if they wish to contribute here and participate in the discussions, they will have to learn to follow the rules and regulations introduced by the administrator and be respectful of those who may not necessarily share their views and opinions.

Note: If you have any further concerns about the Region-C subforum, please contact the administrator, or post in the relevant section (Feedback).

Pro-B
Old 01-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #14

Feb 2008

Everyone please remember, member bollywoodblu-ray is the one reviewing the movies for blu-ray.com. Not the other reviewers who do not also sell the films. So do please disregard any reviews posted by bollywoodblu-ray.com and go with actual reviews from users.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by slperson1 View Post
Everyone please remember, member bollywoodblu-ray is the one reviewing the movies for blu-ray.com. Not the other reviewers who do not also sell the films. So do please disregard any reviews posted by bollywoodblu-ray.com and go with actual reviews from users.
This is incorrect. Indian films are reviewed by two different staff members. And neither is associated in any way possible with the member you address above.

Pro-B
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Mr.B...is 110% right....STOP with the insults towards the Admins and reviewers and even the insiders..it will get you know where.There is a reason why only a few of you are in here all the time because no other members want to come in to this romper room,some of you have no respect for the other members on here who are really interested in Bollywood cinema...its a shame really instead of fighting and bickering you should come together with a solution on how to make things better...

Read the reviews, its a person's opinion...maybe some of you may actually know who the TWO persons are that reviews Bollywood movie and respect the yrs of experience that they have put into the international film industry.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #17

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moefiz View Post
Mr.B...is 110% right....STOP with the insults towards the Admins and reviewers and even the insiders..it will get you know where.There is a reason why only a few of you are in here all the time because no other members want to come in to this romper room,some of you have no respect for the other members on here who are really interested in Bollywood cinema...its a shame really instead of fighting and bickering you should come together with a solution on how to make things better...

Read the reviews, its a person's opinion...maybe some of you may actually know who the TWO persons are that reviews Bollywood movie and respect the yrs of experience that they have put into the international film industry.
Not trying to bring down bollywood blu rays trying to bring them up. People are settling for mediocre blu rays. Yes they are better than some dvds, but they aren't close to good quality blu rays. Praising quality isn't the way to get better quality blu rays. Ayngaran blu rays are far superior to the bollywood has put out so far.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 01-03-2010 at 05:52 AM. Reason: crap out
Old 01-02-2010, 04:01 AM   #18

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moefiz View Post

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT
Deleting of post can and will be AVOIDED only if

The members stop bashing, use civil language in their posts, stop sarcastic comments,stop commenting on the Titles which they have never watched
( Members commenting on the titles on the reviews of other members who is already reviewing by watching screenshots only)
If you are professional then behave like professional

Lastly, create positive atmosphere so the publishers and authoring companies also participate in the forum. No publisher wants to get humiliated with the sarcastic comments about their company by the biased members. Representative of Authoring companies are posting with false identity to prove that A is the best .

YOU CANT LIVE ALONE
LIVE AND LET LIVE
LET NOT PEOPLE REMEMBER YOU BY YOUR VENOM SPITTING POWER

LET ADMINISTRATOR AND MODERATOR DO SOME MORE PRODUCTIVE WORK THEN CLEANING THE HOUSE AND WASHING DIRTY LINEN

Last edited by gangadharan; 01-02-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #19

Jul 2009
San Francisco, CA

might i suggest; LOOSEN UP !

did you guys ever think for a second, that you may be taking things a bit too seriously.

i havent seen people fighting here, so i dont know, why people keep repeating that part.

and yes, even though many have been blunt about how they feel about a movies quality (myself included)

and i think that is justified to a certain extent, since these guys anticipate & care about these movies & are ultimately dissapointed to see its sad fate.

so, i think its unfair, to delete posts that honestly say if the quality of a movie is not upto the mark - regardless of what official review says. It should be left to the individual to decide, whether he/she wants to trust the review on the website, or another members personal review.

it is an individual's opinion, if that opinion, happens to hurt the producer - the producer must only realise, that region C buyers abroad are paying much more than MRP.

and from what i have seen, some of the content producers have been very accepting of the critique they have gotten - be it amateur or proffesional.

its a forum, enjoy what others bring to this table, learn & share from each other...

Last edited by Deciazulado; 01-03-2010 at 05:56 AM. Reason: to serve and protect
Old 01-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #20

Feb 2008

Looks like this forum is just for promoting the sale of bollywood blu rays and not QUALITY blu rays. My guess is due to childish members on this forum who never learned to take criticism that the fate of bollywood blu rays will see the same fate as bollywood dvds.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India